-1-

AN: Hey everyone don't forget to comment, vote, and follow. Would love to hear what you think so far!

-1-

Stacy stood next to Santa wishing she was somewhere else besides work. Christmas was coming up in a few weeks and like everyone else her budget was stretched past the limit. She was a receptionist at law office, and their usual end of the year bonus hadn’t even been mentioned. Being a single mother with a no good baby daddy put her in the position that getting a second job was the only option. Unfortunately the only temporary job she could get, was being an Elf at the mall. The job only required she work the weekends and paid great. Her mom lived close, so her daughter just got in some extra time with grandma.

Santa was finished talking with one kid, and motioned to her that he was ready for another. She opened up the rope holding back the line. A boy and his father were next.

“I don’t remember Santa’s Elves looking so sexy.” The dad whispered in her ear as he walked by and smacked her butt. All Stacy could do was smile and say what she told everyone else.

“Remember Santa has a lot of work to get done, so keep the list short, and take your pictures quickly. Merry Christmas and remember, it is not too late to end up on the naughty list.” Men had been hitting on her since she started. Some of the dads would flirt and stare with their wife right there. Things like that reminded her why she was happily single. The outfit was a bit skimpy. The manager said that the girl who quit took the original costume, and he had to buy one in a rush. Turns out the only place that had elf costumes left was an adult lingerie store. The green skirt barely covered her butt, so she had to wear a pair of candy cane striped tights to keep things PG. The only thing that was appropriate about the outfit, was the goofy elf hat that had an annoying bell on the end. Stacy hated the jingle she made with every move.

The day passed quickly since the line was always full. Even though the men were pricks and the kids brats, she rather have a crowd then lots of down time.  She and the other assistant elf aka the photographer closed up the set. Santa had went and changed. Kids didn’t understand that Santa had an off time, so he had to get out of costume immediately to avoid getting anymore Christmas wish lists.

“I have returned with gifts!” Santa said with a drink carrier filled with Starbucks cups. He must have stopped by the food court on his way back downstairs. Stacy looked at Santa, in his regular clothes. He was a very good looking man. Clean cut, in good shape, and beautiful blue eyes. Not her type though. Well she couldn’t honestly say he wasn’t her type, since she had never dated a white guy before. “For you my little elf, I have a peppermint hot chocolate.”

“My favorite! Thank you Santa.” Stacey said, as she grabbed her drink. They had been working together since November, and it was easy to get to know one another during the slow days.

“Please don’t call me Santa. Sometimes I forget my name by the end of the day.”

“Sorry, Jake.” Stacey laughed. They waited for the photographer to finish packing up his stuff and then they all walked to the parking lot together. It was dark and people get desperate this time of the year and Stacy avoided walking to her car by herself. It was colder outside than when the day started. She had left her coat in the car, so the hot chocolate was the only thing keeping her warm. The wind picked up and she left out a shiver.

“Wow its really cold!” she let out in between gasps from the wind hitting her face. Jake rushed up beside her and put fur lined leather coat over her shoulders.

“Thanks again, Santa.” Stacey said with a smile. Jake groaned at her calling him Santa again. The photographer parked further down, so when they got to her car, he said his goodbyes and hurried off. 

“So Stacey, do you have plans for dinner?” Jake asked. Stacey unlocked her car, and handed him his jacket back. This wasn’t the first time he had asked her out. He was a nice a guy, but she had priorities. Number one being her daughter. Dating was a luxury that she didn’t have time to waste on, and when she did date, shopping mall Santa Clause was not her number one choice. She wasn’t a gold digger, but she would be a liar to say that she didn’t want a man with money.

“Actually I do have plans. There is a cute 4 year old waiting for me to pick her up right now. Thanks again for drink and your jacket.” Stacey kissed Jake on the cheek and was about to hop in her car, when he grabbed her by the waist and turned her back around to face him. The closeness warmed her up instantly, despite the fact she wasn’t wearing his jacket anymore. Jake leaned in and gently kissed her lips. She wanted to back away, but found herself kissing him back. After a few moments, she found the strength to back away.  They stared at each other both not saying a word. Some how one kiss had her mind instantly playing out dirty thoughts. She was definetly attracted to this man. 

“One of these days you are going to say yes to me.” Jake said. “Until then you get home to your daughter safely. See ya tomorrow.” He let her go and she got in the car.  The whole ride home she couldn’t think of anything but him. She kept trying to remind herself that she didn’t have time for dating. There were so many things wrong with the idea of him and her. Money, time, and the thought of trying something new. If Jake was just wanting a fling, it might be something she could consider, but somehow Stacy knew this was more than that for him.

A/N: This is short story that will be finished before the end of the month, maybe even sooner. There may be some mistakes, sorry.  Let me know what you think so far.  Before you leave please vote, comment, and follow