Chapter 26

Here's another chapter, I hope you like the previous one

This chapter is dedicated to WonderlandOfDreamers

Emma finally pulled over at the parking lot. I ran as fast as I could to Kent's room. I didn't even bother to wait for my friends to come in with me. I was so anxious and excited to see Kent again. I really couldn't stop thinking of how I would approach him when I see him.

Was it going to be with a hug or a kiss. Probably a slap for disappearing on me the other night after telling him that I loved him, then probably kiss him after and hug him so tight just like in the movies. I was going to hold him so tight this time around, so he wouldn't have to ghost me again.

Getting to the front of his room, I paused to exhale and inhale before I could go in. I decided to peer through the glass window on the door just like the very first time.

I smiled when I saw his bright beautiful face, I felt a wave of relief  washed through me, followed by a short gasp as I tried to bring myself to realise what was going on in that room. I became motionless as I stood by the door. My eyes were as wide as nothing I could compare to, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and everything became uncleared to me.

'What was going on here?' I asked myself. 'What was she doing here?' I couldn't help but ask myself, confused at what my eyes were staring at in that room.

Tia was in the room with her friends. Worse part was that Kent was holding her hands so tight and not even ready to let go. He smiled at her like he was seeing the stars for the first time in a long tine and she kept giggling like Kent's hands were tickling hers.

I gasped again and tried not to loose my balance, for a second Kent looked at my direction but I hurriedly left the door to hide my face from the horror that was staring at me. I tried not to cry because I didn't know what was going on yet, but I couldn't stay since it looked like I was not needed. I quietly walked away as I hoped it was all a dream.

Kent's POV

I was so glad to finally be awake since after being dead for a long. It felt like I died and I really felt like shit. Everything felt like shit but I was glad to be finally back.

Most of all I was glad to see the only person that cared about me the most, Tia, my girlfriend. I held her hand so tight that I don't want to leave it ever again. I had really not been treating her well but I had  promised to make up for my mistakes this time. Maybe if I had looked for her and not left her at the party the other night, we might both be in the hospital bed.

She smiled at me and it felt like I was seeing her smile for the first time.

Suddenly I felt a rush within me, my heart began to race faster like never before. It felt like something that isn't there was close to me. I felt the desire to look at the door and I did, hoping someone would walk through that door. But no one was by the the door. Maybe it was really something that wasn't there. I had a feeling of disappointment but I really don't know why I felt that way.

"Is everything okay?" Tia asked staring at my confused face.

"No, it's nothing"

"It doesn't seems like nothing"

"I'm fine, I thought I saw someone standing by the door"

"Really?" Ximena said. She didn't sound surprised, maybe she was expecting someone.

"yea..but never mind"

"I'll go check it out" Ximena stood up from where she was sitting and dropped the book she was holding "I'll be right back" Ximena stepped out and shut the door behind her. Tia pressed her lips against my forehead, I smiled even when it still felt like something was really missing within me. Like an half of me wasn't there with me.

Alex's POV

I could finally see why my heart wouldn't stop beating fast. It was about to be shattered, that's why.

"Alex!"

I paused as I felt someone was calling my name. I wished it was him, maybe he saw me through the glass window the other time. I turned around to see who was calling me, It turned out to be the beautiful lady that was always with him. I felt a little disappointed.

"Hello Alex." Ximena said as she walked towards me

"Hi Ximena" I tried to hide my feelings by forcing a smile. I wouldn't want to break down in front of her because I saw Kent with his girlfriend. It was hard to explain.

"Are you not here to see him?" Ximena said, referring to Kent

"Yea, I can see he's better now" And back with his girlfriend. It wasn't like they broke up anyway.

"Why not come in and say hello"

"I don't think it's necessary" He probably didn't know he kissed me two days ago. Since he couldn't remember Tia was cheating on him. Even if I decide to say it, who would dare believe me?

"Come on, I think he should see you. You've been coming around before he woke up and I think he should know" Ximena insisted.

"No, you can't tell him" I blurted out and almost cried "please, don't tell him. I don't want him to feel he owes me anything. I already told you we're not friends.". I said with my unbalanced voice.

"Okay, if that's what you want...but I hope you change your mind". Ximena said. I knew she might be confused and wondering why I wanted to hide from Kent. It was just the best thing to do, I had always been invisible and staying invisible would be the best for me.

"Thanks"

"Ok" Ximena replied and walked away with a confused expression on her face.

I turned around and slowly walk away. I couldn't stop myself from thinking how I got carried away and forgot I was only seeing a ghost. Now I felt heartbroken  and it was no one's fault but mine.

I got to the reception, Emma and Kim were patiently waiting for me. When they saw me, they stood up from their seats and ran towards me.

"Did you see him?" Emma asked curiously.

"How is he?"

I stood still, staring at my friends, my freezing brown eyes just stared listlessly, drowsy and motionless.

I could hardly hear what anyone was saying. I could feel sounds fading away and a little darkness clouding my eyes. My legs were already loosing control...

My only answer was my piercingly sapped exhale. I slowly fell to the ground unaware of what was going on and the darkness took over

Alex! Alex!! Alex!!!.......

The end

Lol...just kidding. Next chapter coming up later

Hope you like this chapter
What do you think of it?
Comments and likes please