The Arrival

"Help!" I bolted towards the entrance of Camelot, the most prized city in all of England. My surroundings were blinded by the pitch blackness. But this didn't stop these hunters from trying to chase me down and killing me. They knew of my gift that I held since I was born, magic from my long trail of ancestors that most died with the same fate. 'The only thing standing in my way of surviving is Camelot' I thought to myself as I skidded in front of the gates of the kingdom. I had barely any time to admire the beauty because two guards, with slightly rusty chainmail and old armour, stood in front of the gates.

"Young lady, what business do you have here so late. Is this an emergency?"

I trembled and became impatient, but tried to stay cordial. " These men, hunters, were chasing me through the forests, screaming that they wished to kill me. I... Please let me through the gates to keep my life. Camelot is my only chance of survival." I took a step towards them, timid. They stiffened, but then they began to whisper to each other, but very loudly.

The first guard, one that I saw through the lights of the torches, was a caramel color with hazel eyes spoke. "I'm not so sure about her, there must be a reason that those hunters were chasing her"

The second, the one who questioned me earlier said, " Well, what would King Arthur do? If he finds out how we turned down a woman into Camelot, our honor codes would be stripped, Theo. Just let her through. Let her stay in the castle until tomorrow, then she can see the King in the morning."

"I guess so. She is in danger, technically." Theo said. They both turned towards me, grinning. "Fine, Sir Louis will escort you to the castle and have a room arranged for you Lady..." he stuttered. "What's your name?"

"Caeli, sir."

"Then, Lady Caeli you shall see the King tomorrow."

"Thank you, sir."

Sir Louis opened the gate and escorted me through the streets, which seemed to be endless miles. Our feet padding the stone were the only sound that occupied our ears.

"I'm sorry for asking Lady but why were those hunters chasing you in the first place?" The knight asked. I could see his rough but perfect facial structure.

"I don't really know honestly, but they found me and thought that I had magic." He gasped. "No, no, no. I don't have any type of magic." He exhaled loudly.

"I'm glad you don't, because you would die here if you did. Those hunters would be a minor problem for you." He looked at me, and I noticed his eyes were glittering and almost black. "But your secret is safe with me."

"W-What do you mean Sir? I don't have any magic." I cringed at the thought if anyone in Camelot, a forbidden place for magic, found out that I carry the ability to use it.

He nodded slightly and smirked as we arrived at the castle. I thought of how King Arthur and all of the knights slept here. I stopped and admired all of the architecture, all of the edges and different types of expensive stone. I got drawn away from fantasying of what my life would be like if I lived in royalty instead of being a nomad. The knight that had been speaking with me grabbed my fore arm and dragged me towards the large entrance to the castle. Two other knights stepped forward to see me.

"What is a girl doing here this late at night?"

"I'm not a-"

"She's," he glared at me, "here on an emergency, so she will be staying here for tonight to meet with our liege in the morning."

"Alright, bring her in. Don't forget to wake up that lazy squire, Merlin to fix her a room." Everyone snickered.

Emrys. The name rang in my ears, almost deafening. I have heard the name from a witch before. She described him as a foul being that needs to be killed because he would kill her and everything that she loves.