Chapter 9

Chapter 9.
Chase's POV.
Skylar, Oliver and I were in Mission Command, the two training together while I was looking through the security system, looking for breaches, when the mission alert went off. I ran towards it, reading.
"Ok, so after several crimes, minor and major, the police found where the criminals are hiding, and they want us to investigate. Apparently they are heavily armed, so Oliver, get Bree and Kaz and meet me upstairs. Skylar, supervise the mission from here, and call Douglas and Alexandra if anything goes wrong." I explained before changing and going upstairs to where Kaz, Bree and Oliver were.
"Lets go!" I grabbed onto Bree's arm before we were super sped out the door and to the mission site.
"Now, we don't want to scare them and make them draw fire. Be very quiet." Bree, Kaz and Oliver nodded.
Just then, several boys and a few girls came out, firing their guns as I put up my force field and the rest of the team started fighting before, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone, escaping and holding their rib cage.
"That's the last of them. The authorities are on the way." Bree told me.
"Someone else escaped, running off. They looked like they were injured." I explained as we all ran in the direction of the person, only to see a girl, not any older then Kaz or Oliver, bleeding and passed out.
"Oliver, pick her up gently. We need to get her back to Mission Command." I ordered, Oliver sliding his hands under her before lifting her up and started flying back to the penthouse while the rest of us sped or flew back.
When we got there, Alexandra was already taking scans and x rays of her, as we noticed Skylar had left and while the rest of the team went upstairs, I stayed in Mission Command.
"So what happened to her?" I asked.
"Well, I have no idea, but she had several bullet wounds which are infected, along with a cracked rib cage. I'm amazed that she could run from you four before she passed out."
I nodded, looking down at her, only to see how beaten up she was.
"She'll live, right?"
"I don't know yet. Her vitals are barely stable, not to mention how much blood she has lost."
I nodded, going upstairs to see Bree asleep on Kaz, and Skylar asleep on Oliver.
"What happened to them?" I asked.
"Exhausted." Oliver told me as Skylar woke up suddenly, scaring me and Oliver. "I thought you were asleep!"
"Nope. Just wanted to cuddle with you."
"Well, why didn't you tell me that instead of giving Chase and I a heart attack?!"
After Oliver yelled at her, Skylar started crying and curled herself in as much of a ball she could with her large baby bump.
"Skylar, I'm sorry. I'm not mad. Please stop crying." Oliver rubbed her back.
"How's that girl we found on the mission?" Kaz asked.
"Not good. She's pretty much on her death bed." I told them before sitting beside Bree.
Bree's POV.
Kaz and I were on the terrace, eating lunch while Skylar was getting another ultrasound done and Chase wouldn't leave that mysterious girl's side, even though she was pretty much out cold. Meanwhile, Kaz was telling a joke, and it didn't make any sense.
"And then, the cream cheese said. "Shut up, you butter ball!"
I faked a laugh before taking another bite of my lunch.
"Bree? I have something serious I need to ask you."
"Go ahead." I told him.
"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
"Yes!" I hugged him as he hugged me back just as Chase came on the terrace, saying.
"And I've lost my appetite." Before going back inside.
Skylar's POV.
"Seriously, it doesn't make sense. I can't sleep, and when I do, I keep having dreams about your mom and Expieron....do you think they are really after the boys?" I asked as Oliver sighed.
"Skylar, it was a dream. That's all. Promise. You keep stressing over it, causing you to have it again. No one is gonna hurt you or our sons. Promise." Oliver told me, kissing my forehead.
"I hope so." I yawned, leaning against Oliver.