Chapter One: Truces are for Wussies

© Copyright All Rights Reserved 2014

_____________________________________________

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter One: Truces are for Wussies

FOUR YEARS LATER...

"When are you coming home?"

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair as I sat there on the foot of the bed, holding my cellphone against my ear, hearing my best friend's pleas for me to go back home. How many times do I have to tell her that I wasn't going back there? Once? Twice? Fifty? A thousand times?! She needed to know that though I missed her terribly, I wouldn't even think twice going there. After graduation, I took the earliest plane to Boston and started school in Harvard. I may be far away from home but I made myself not to even step a foot there.

Leaving my two best friends was the hardest but it was for the best. It was the only way to escape the suffocating memories and start new. Though no one knew me here, my reputation was still the same. Sleeping with countless of girls, smoking and drinking, going to shows and concerts, not caring that my old habits were swallowing me whole. Even if I had many flings with girls in my school, my thoughts always drifted back to her. Each time I closed my eyes, I would see her face, her chocolate brown eyes, her smile that I once believed.

I clenched my jaw, not wanting to go back two steps before I could conquer the god awful feeling that was called "Heartbreak." I didn't want to be like those people who would always give their first love a second chance even if the past still haunts them. I didn't want to seem weak and pathetic. I wanted to be seen as the same hardcore punk I was before I left home.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing again. "Chelsea—"

"Rhea, you've been avoiding that question ever since you moved to Boston," she growled, frustrated. "Stop with these antics and come home. I miss you. Johnny misses you. Accept what's happening and face reality. Yeah, life's a bitch but then you move on. Anyways, Johnny wants to celebrate his birthday in a huge, flamboyant way and he wants you here."

I glanced up at the slim figure who stepped out of the bathroom, fully clothed, fixing her auburn hair as she smiled at me seductively. I looked away, my eyes gazing at the tattoos on the back of my hands to my shoulder blades even though it stopped on the base of my throat. Chelsea and Johnny were the only ones who knew where I had gone to. It was best to stay like that. My parents... My jaw clenched tighter at the thought of them. They kicked me out of the house at the age of fifteen when I opened up to them about my sexuality. For them being homophobic bastards believing more of their beliefs than their own daughter, they discarded me and didn't bother to go to my graduation four years ago. I was dead to them like they were to me.

"Please, Rhea," I could hear the pout in Chelsea's voice and I chuckled.

"Fine but don't mention my homecoming to Johnny. Let my presence be a surprise."

Chelsea shrieked in joy and I laughed falling back onto the bed as the auburn haired girl sat on my lap, straddling me as she bent down and kissed along my neck while I heard Chelsea's rants of how exciting it would be to reunite the misfit trio and somewhat. I trailed my fingers along Maxinne's thigh, hearing the intake of her breath.

"I gotta go, Chels," I told her, my hand wandering closer to her core.

"Well, okay. Wait! When are you going to be here?"