Chapter 1

...One...

I woke up at the sound of a car engine starting. I sat up and looked out my window to see my mother's car driving out of our driveway and into the road.

She just left. Just like that. Everyday of my life she never woke me up and told me she was going to work. She never cooked my breakfast like a mother should do. She never pinned any notes on the fridge to tell where she went or who she went with. Or when she was coming back.

She left the three of us worrying about her.

She might be the reason why my older twin brother, Jacob, is rebelling at her. He's always sneaking out to parties and is a ladies' man. He rarely goes home. He barely has anytime to sleep. And he never got scolded by Mom.

That's why my oldest brother, Michael, always gets to be the mom and dad at the same time in the house and who always is the one getting stressed. Until he left for college.

No one disciplines anyone in the house. There's no more Mom or Dad in the house. That left me with Mom, who was always busy because of her businesses and my rebelling twin.

Often I'm alone in the house and I think.

The people around me are right. My brothers look like models even without effort. They always are the main attraction in school. Michael is one of the popular jocks in school who gets the hot chick. Jacob is the hot bad boy player with all the girls in his side left and right.

Now, who would believe that jock Michael and bad boy Jacob  has a little sister. In steorotype, I'm in the bottom of the food chain in school, the invincible nerd.

Nobody would believe they're my brothers. Except for the current girlfriend of my brother, Michael, who believes  in my beauty. Her words not mine

My brother  was lucky enough  to have girlfriend named Sophia. She was pretty and really kind. She was generous and lovable. She's  honest and loyal. I do hope they end uo together so I won't have a problem having her  as a sister-in-law.

I got out of my bed  and as I fix the curls of the sheets I  heard a sudden slamming of the door. I quickly ran down the stairs to see who it was.

Seeing Jacob wasted like this wasn't my first time. Then I remembered. Today was Saturday. Yesterday was the last Friday before winter break starts. Last night, they  had a party on Daniel's  house, Jacob's best friend.

I shook my head as  my twin wobbled and tried to walk towards the living room where he lied down on the sofa.

After how many years and days of Jacob's hangovers, I mastered Michael's perfect solution for him.  A hot, warm milk with pain relievers. That always work.

I got back up to my room and finished making up my bed before returning back down and treat my other half with his usual hangover.

I sat down the island counter as I waited for the milk to warm. Today was the start of winter break, meaning starting Monday, I would  be on Carrie's Cakes working as a cashier, one of Mom's businesses.

I sighed as I thought about having nothing to do besides  being on the shop 8  hours of the day.

The kettle finally spewed hot smoke and I ran to turn the stove off. Then I poured the hot liquid on a mug that has JACOB written  messily on the exterior of the mug.

I chuckled to myself as I remember the day we were all privileged to design a mug of our own. We were 6 back then and  Mike was 7.

You see, Dad owned a factory making mugs before. One day, on one of the Day Off days, Dad brought us all to the factory. He showed us how the mugs were made from clay to its final formation.