Chapter 16

So sorry I haven't updaed in forever. I got a job so I have been extremely busy lately.

You all should check out my friend MDEggleton's new Christmas story! It's a Niall story! I am dedicating this chapter to her because she is the one who pushed me to write.

Sorry if there are spelling/grammar issues... 

Dress is on the side.

Enjoy Chapter 16!

“Keara wake up! We’re going to be late!” Someone was jumping on my bed. “Keara! Don’t make me go get Harry. You know what he would do to you.”

My eyes snap open to see Emily standing on my bed over top of me.

“What time is it?” I ask, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and sitting up in the bed.

“Seven a.m.” She states, getting off of the bed. “We need to be there by eight-thirty remember? That’s supposed to be when the assembly starts.”

“Oh yeah, I was kind of talking to Liam all night.”

“How is he?” She asks, as she begins walking to the door.

“He's fine.” I reply while jumping out of bed and finding my outfit for my performance. Emily just nods, walking out of the room.

I jump in a quick shower, then wave my hair and put on my makeup. I find the clothes I had set out and put them on. My outfit consists of a jean Capri’s that end just below my knees and a white tank top with an off white cardigan. I throw on my black chucks to tie it all together.

Once I am finished, I walk out of the room and downstairs to see my parents sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. In the living room Gemma is talking with Emily while Harry is intently watching SpongeBob on the TV. 

“Why is everyone up so early?” I wonder out loud. Everyone looks over to me and smiles, causing me to be a bit weirded out.

“Because we are all going to watch you sing silly!” Gemma says, standing up and wrapping her arm across my shoulder. “Plus, I've only heard you through YouTube. I haven’t seen you sing live since you were little.”

Just then I heard a knock at the door. My father stands up and walks to the door opening it. On the other side is summer, all dressed in her professional wear.

“Summer!” I squeal while running and tackling her into a hug. She giggles as we begin to make small talk on how we have both been in the past month. Apparently she has spent it with her family in LA, catching up and meeting new members of her family. Her older sister had a baby a few months back and she was pulling her phone out of her bag to show me pictures when my mother clears her throat.

My mom looks at her watch, sighing. “Alright, we better go so you can get there a little early to set up.

“Okay, let me go grab my guitar. Meet you all in the car.” I say, taking off up the stairs.

As we pull into the parking lot, I begin to get a bit nervous. I could tell Emily was also. This place wasn’t exactly our favorite place to be. We used to be bullied for being a bit different, and everything became worse once people started to figure out Harry was my cousin.

I mean, not all of it was bad, some parts were great. We did have some friends who were in the grade below us that actually liked us for us. Most of the teachers were great too. Especially Mrs. Sykes, who always would give me advise when I needed and was practically my mentor. She helped me through the hard times when I was being bullied just for being related to Harry. She even tried to get me to sing again, yet I apparently wasn’t ready at the time.