sixteen

Love me love me say that you love me

Here's another chapter!

Ps hide your feels

~~~

I walk into the house, the heels on my combat boots clicking with every step as I turn into the kitchen, my mom at the stove cooking something.

At first this seems like something every normal mom would do, but my family isn't normal.

She never does that anymore.

I frown to myself, sliding my bag onto the counter and sliding off my shoes and socks as soon as I turn into the kitchen. I make small talk with my mom before turning to look at her, a small smile on her face, like she knows something. "Mom, what are you hiding?"

"Oh, nothing, sweetie." She stirs whatever's in the pan, and then looks at me. "Could you go get my water from the living room?"

"Uh, sure." I nod, still leery about what she might be planning. As I walk into the living room, I don't even notice the person sitting on the couch. I walk right past them, grabbing the water and walking right back out of the room until realization hits me.

Mitch?

My eyes widen, and the glass drops from my hand, creating a loud smash as the cup shatters. The shards of glass scatter across the floor, bringing my mother and Mitch from both rooms. "Oh my god! You have glass-" My mom covers her mouth, and Mitch carefully steps over to me.

"Don't look down, okay?"

He picks me up since I don't have shoes on, and I can hear the way his shoes crunch on the glass, and he looks over at my mom. "I'll take her."

She nods, her hand still over her mouth. She trusts him so much with me. Her only daughter.

"How bad is it," I ask quietly as he gently sets me in the car, my heart rate suddenly starting to pick up.

I hate blood.

He glances at me as he pulls out of the driveway. "It's fine, Bri. Don't look at it."

"Am I going to need stitches," I stare at him as he gets on the freeway. "And don't you lie to me."

He looks at me quickly, his face straight. "Probably." It kind of reminds me of the way he looked after Cass died.

***

The lady at the front reception desk takes one look at us, and smiles. Liliya's known us for a while, because every time either of us got hurt doing something she checked us in. "You guys here again?" She laughs.

"Yeah," Mitch grins, tightening his grip around my waist, because I'd insisted on him putting me down before we went in.

"What is it this time?" She grins, looking from me to him.

"I dropped a glass on my foot." I mumble, shifting my weight from my uninjured leg to Mitch.

"You guys'll be next, alright? You know where to wait."

***

"Well, Miss Wild. Looks like you didn't hit any majour blood vessels." Dr. Trent says, looking from me to Mitch. Normally friends and family wouldn't be allowed in the room, but the doctor knows us super well.

Mitch runs his hands through his hair, a sigh of relief escaping him as he rests his elbows on his knees. "Thank god,"

I giggle a little before answering. "Can I walk?"

"We'd prefer to keep you here for observation to make sure you don't develop an infection. Mitch is welcome to stay."

I smile at him. "Thanks,"

He nods, walking out of the room and shutting it gently. I look over at Mitch. "You seem relieved."

"I'm relieved about a lot of things," He replies, looking up at me.

My brows raise. "Like what?"

"For one, you're okay." He smiles sheepishly at me, sitting up. "And the second one.. You don't hate me."

"Why would I hate you?" I ask, an eyebrow raised.

He leans back in his chair. "Two weeks ago."

"I know, I just wasn't ready for it. That's all. I couldn't hate you if I tried."

"Oh," He grimaces, and my eyebrows scrunch together.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me," I urge, reaching toward him and grabbing his hand.

"It's nothing, Bri."

I squeeze his hand. "Please tell me."

"I don't know, I just- well you said that you weren't ready for it."

"What about it?"

"It's nothing, never mind." He shakes his head, but leaves his hand in mine.

"You wouldn't have just tried to tell me if you didn't want to tell me." I look at him, the light from the lamp creating shadows on his face. I pull him towards me, and he moves his chair right next to the hospital bed. "Hey, hey. Look at me, okay?" I let go of his hand, taking his chin in my palm instead. He looks up at me, his dark brown eyes looking into my blue ones. "You can tell me anything, remember?"

He sighs, his eyes still locked with mine. "I thought I messed up our friendship when we-" He stops, and a silent message passes between us.

"You didn't." I smile softly, and suddenly my lips are gently pressed against his. I pull away after a few seconds the smile that was on my face now plastered onto his.

He grins stupidly. "Was that a make-up kiss?"

"I think it was."