Chapter Two

Chapter Two

One Week Later

“Wake up, Camilla.” A voice said before I felt something shove me. Roughly, may I add.

    I groaned and flailed my hand around at my side, hoping to hit something but missing entirely. I slowly opened my eyes, but immediately closed them when I saw a very displeased Maria.

    “Why are you here?” I asked grumpily, hoping she would catch my hint and leave me alone.

    Maria sighed. “We need to get you some clothes. Frank already bought you supplies. You can thank him later.”

    “Whatever.”

    Maria shuffled around my room, probably trying to find some clothes for me to wear. I rolled my eyes and sat up while rubbing my eyes.

    “I get it, I get it. I’ll be down in 20. Get out.”

     “Make that 10.” She snapped, shooting a glare at me. “I have other things to do other than taking you to the store, you know.”

    “Then give me the keys, I’ll go myself.” I said while kicking the blanket off of my legs. Once I got out of bed, I stretched my arms over my head and shrugged at the moody woman. “I still have the credit card Frank gave me for Christmas last year. You don’t need to monitor me all day.”

     “You’re lucky Frank offered to take me out today.” She said, although her face betrayed her words. “Take the explorer. Don’t call me if you get into an accident, you know how I feel about paperwork.”

    I laughed without humor. “Maybe I should get into an accident today, then. Seems like you would love that.”

    “Don’t push me, Camilla.”

    I rubbed my forehead, already feeling a headache coming on. “Just go on your date already. God, you’re annoying.”

    Maria ignored me as she walked out of my room, but I was okay with that. I had only just woken up and she was already getting on my nerves.

    I walked over to my closet and picked up the first thing my eyes landed on. Walking out of the messy space, I dragged myself over to my nightstand and unplugged my iPhone. After doing that, I walked out to the hallway and opened the small closet next to the bathroom, which is where the towels are kept. I pulled one out and walked over to the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me.

    I started the tap in the bathtub and adjusted the temperature until it was just right. Then I turned the shower on and began to strip. Finally in the nude, I hopped into the shower and closed the curtains behind me.

    After my shower, I changed into my clothes and wrapped my hair in the towel I had grabbed.  I then pulled out my tooth brush and tooth paste and began brushing my teeth, thinking over the places I could go to today.

    It was Sunday, so the mall would be crowded but tolerable. I could also just go to Target, but there would be a lot of parents’ there with their kids.

    I rolled my eyes while reaching for my mouth wash. People, oh how I hate them.

    I rinsed my mouth after a few minutes, setting the minty flavor with my strong Listerine mouth wash. As I swished the stinging mint flavor around in my mouth, I contemplated about what I should buy. Considering I hardly shop, I probably have at least 600 or 700 dollars left from what Frank gave me last year.