Chapter 34- The Baby Is Top Priority

Cris's Pov

"I thought we were friends" Wazza says coming into the kitchen. "Hey guys. What are you two doing here so early?" I ask as Wayne and Rio walk further into my kitchen. I had training in a while and would be seeing them then. "You better make sure the kid doesn't support Liverpool" Rio says. "Kid?" I ask my stomach dropping, They can't know. "What kid?" I ask. "It's a bit late to be acting dumb with us Ronnie. Especially now it's in this" Rio says throwing a paper at me. "You could have told us. I thought we were mates yet we had to find out from a paper" Wazza says as my eyes glance over the paper.

"Shit" I say. "You did know. Right. I figured that's the reason you were so worried when you found out Lucy was in hospital last week" Wayne says. "And why you were in such a good mood the past few days" Rio says. "Cris" Nuno shouts rushing into the room. "Jorge is on the phone" he shouts. "I already know" I yell searching for my phone in my pocket.

"Damn it" I say when I get no answer from Lucy's phone. "That bitch" I shout. "Ronaldo" Maé shouts coming into the room. "Hello gentlemen" she says to my teammates. "What's the matter?" she asks as I try Lucy's phone again. "The press know about the baby" Nuno says to her. "Oh no. But Lucy wanted to wait until she was 12 weeks to tell people" she says. "That was before her bitch of a mother told them" I yell throwing the paper somewhere. I don't care where. "She didn't" Maé says in shock. "Jorge just rang. He said they didn't even ask for confirmation. I won't even say what he said about not been told sooner himself" Nuno says. "I don't care about Jorge. Damn it Lucy answer your phone" I say.

"I don't get what the problem is" Rio says. "Don't Rio" Wayne says as I scroll through my phone book to find Elena's number. "Elena" I say when she answers. "Cris the papers" she says. "I know I just saw. I can't get through to Lucy" I say. "I was just talking to her. She's at work. I just saw the article but she had hung up and her phone is off" she says. "Go to her office. Make sure she is ok and take her back to her apartment. I'll meet you both there" I say hanging up.

"Shit shit shit" I yell banging my fist on the worktop. "I need to speak to Lucy Smith right now" I say into the phone after dialling her office number. "Who can I say is speaking?" the woman asks. "Just put me through to her office. Please it's urgent" I say.

"Can you please not yell at me?" she asks. "I'm not yelling at you I just want to talk to Lucy" I shout as Wayne takes the phone out of my hand. "I'm sorry about my friend, he doesn't mean to shout. But could you please put me through to her office. It's very important" Wayne says into the phone. "She's putting you through now" Wayne says handing me back the phone.

""Hello" she whispers. Oh thank God. "Lucy. Don't ask why but please don't look at any newspaper. I'll explain when I see you" I say. "She sold a story. About me. About the baby" she whispers. "Shit. Lucy I'm sorry. I just saw it. Damn it I didn't want you to see it before I could tell you" I say. "How? Why?" she asks. "Lucy just stay at your office until Elena. Just stay indoors" I say. "No one knew. No one knew who would even think about telling her" she says. "Lucy" I say. "I.... I.." she stutters and I hear the receiver crash against something.

"Damn it" I mutter. "Is she ok? How could her mother do this to her?" Maé says holding the paper in her hand. I move to grab my keys. "Where are you going?" Wayne asks. "To see Lucy" I say.

"Wait what about training?" Rio asks. "Screw training" I yell. I drive as fast as I can to Lucy's apartment and see a bunch of paps there. I quickly jump out of my car when I see Lucy and Elena walking towards the entrance. "You're almost there" I whisper placing a gently hand on her back "Bloody hell they already have the story why the hell are they here" Elena says. This is all my fault. They wouldn't be here only because of me.

"Lucy" I say as she bangs her hand off the wall. She's shaking. "Lucy I'm so sorry. I didn't know until Wazza and Rio arrived at my house this morning with the paper. Jorge said they didn't even ring to confirm it" I say as we walk into her living room. "Why would they need to do that? My mother told them. My own mother" she shouts. "Lucy" I say.