Chapter 33- Front Page News

Lucy's Pov

"So it went ok?" Elena asks. "They were ecstatic. And I mean really ecstatic" I say fixing the phone against my shoulder. "So no need to have being nervous" she says . "Picture this. Everyone is so happy to see me and wondering why I am there. When Nuno shouts. Just tell them already cos he wanted to serve lunch. Cris tells them. Scream and shouts from his mother and sisters" I say.

"That's so sweet" she says. "It was but then" I say. "They asked" she interrupts. "Oh ya. Then Nuno yells. Their having a baby together but aren't couple so don't be asking them" I say. "He didn't" Elena laughs. "He did. I don't know who wanted to kill him more. Myself or Cris" I say. "He was just trying to help the two of ye I guess" she says. "I know but still come on like" I say turning my chair to look out the window. "So they still think you make a great daughter in law?" she asks.

"You know I'm concentrating on the baby. I can't have all the stuff with Cris wrecking my head" I sigh. "I do understand Lucy. You're struggling with trust issues too" she says. "Exactly. Anyway he has enough worries with his mother's relationship at the minutes to be trying to sort out his own" I say. "I know you don't want to hear it Lucy, but I can't see Cristiano giving up on having a relationship with you. Even more so now you're carrying his child" Elena says. "Elena" I say. "What's up with his mother?" she asks.

"Dolores brought the boyfriend with her. Let's just say Cris's anger over the phone was nothing like in person. I get where he's coming from though. It wasn't so long ago they had a huge fight when he found they all knew about this new guy" I say and pause. The night he told me he wanted me. "Luce. Are you still there?" she asks. "Ya sorry. Anyway Andre is nice. Well he was to me. Although I only spoke to him a couple of times since Dolores was taking all my attention. Plus Rodrigo" I laugh.

"Plus you didn't want to upset Cristiano by becoming all chummy with the guy he's having trouble getting around" she says. "I hate how well you know me sometimes" I mutter earning a laugh from Elena.

"Speaking of childish men. Have you spoken to Josh this morning?" she asks. "Well he came in again today so at least he heard me say about needing to sort his work life out. Pity he didn't hear or take heed to the rest of what I said. Josh had arrived into the office late Friday afternoon. I had gone into my office for ten minutes to grab something since I was meant to be resting. He walked straight past me as I stood waiting for the lift to open. I called out after him but he ignored me. Now he was in his office with Matt and was still acting like an ass.

"Luke might talk some sense into him" she says. "At least he congratulated me" I say. I had gotten a text from Luke the following day congratulating me and telling me Josh would calm down. I wasn't holding my breath on that one. "You're in very early though. It's not even 9 yet" she says. "I'm not over doing yet so relax. "I just woke early" smiling how I woke to eat a spoon of ice cream. "Well take a break soon. Have a coffee and read the paper. Although I hope you can find yours better than I can mine. It seems to have gone missing" she says.

"Well I've been relaxing talking to you" I say as I hear a knock on my office door. It opens and Matt pops his head in. "Elena I've got to go. I'll call you later" I say. "Lucy wait" she says. "Crap" I mutter knocking her call off.

"Hey Matt come in. Sorry I was just chatting to Elena and I knocked her off. And switched off the phone too. How are you?" I ask. "Think it's me who should be asking you that. Don't you think?" he asks. "I told you that I'm fine. I got a few days rest and now I just want to get on with work. I'm sorry if I frightened you the other day" I say. "So when were you planning on tell everyone?" he asks. "Tell everyone what?" I ask.

"Apparently congratulations are in order" he says throwing a newspaper on my desk. "I would say even the devil would be a better choice but ha he is one" he says as I read the newspaper in my hand. "Ron-A-Dad to be" the headline reads in big black letters.