Interview With XxArt_Not_WarxX

How did you discover Wattpad?

I was actually on Google one day, searching for some sort of website like this one, and I happened to come across Wattpad. I was super happy about finding it.

How did you come up with your username?

Well, I have a t-shirt that says 'Make Art Not War' on the back, and it's got to be one of my favorite quotes, so I decided to use it for my username :)

When and how did you start writing stories?

I'm actually pretty new at writing. This website and the stories that I've read inspired me to write this story that I've had in mind for quite a while now.

Do you base your characters off of real life people? If so, how and why?

Not really. I like to create my own characters and their personalities. It only makes me a better writer, and takes my imagination to a whole new level. It's an amazing feeling.

What are your current projects?

I am currently working on one story, He Loves Me, She Loves Me Not, and I enjoy writing it very much :)

If you could switch places with any character in one of your stories, who would it be?

Easy, I'd switch places with Jess. She's super fun, energetic, and is always there for those that she cares about.

Do you have a motto? If so, what is it?

Normal is boring.

Who is your favorite Wattpad author?

TheFairytale. Her writing is just perfect.

What's your inspiration of your stories?

Everything that happens around me inspires me to write. Some of the things in my story relate to my life.

Tell us something about your story that you are currently writing so far.

It's about a boy, Matt, who's been madly in love with Alex since the seventh grade, but she's completely unaware of it. She thinks of him as a jerk just because he's popular and nothing about him interests her. That's the main idea of the story.

Favorite type of stories you like to write?

Romance, teen fiction, and humor.

When you write, do you listen to music to get ideas or inspiration?

Definitely. Music is a must when I write.

Do you have any methods you use to write?

I just sit down and let my imagination take over.

Describe three words about yourself.

Quiet, random, and nerdy. Haha :)

If you could add one thing to Wattpad, what would it be?

Nothing. I like it just the way it is :)

Do you want to be an author when you're older?

That's not really a goal of mine, but I definitely want to keep on writing.

Do you have any shout outs you would like to say to your fans out there?

My fans are awesome. I love them so much, and they're the ones who motivate me to write everyday. I can't thank them enough for that :)

Lastly, do you have any advice for other writers?

Never give up. I remember a time when I used to tell myself that I can't write, and that affected my confidence, but I was able to get over that and I'm proud of myself. If you put your mind to something, you'll definitely succeed :) never forget that.