Chapter Six: We Learn the Truth About Elevators

Hello, kids!! (actually I'm probably younger than all of you oops) how're you doing? Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!! I had a great day - and watched Frozen yesterday!! eek it was amazing!! (Disney is my hero) So yeah I hope you guys had a great holiday and hope you enjoy this chapter! :) thanks for everything! I'm thankful for all of you!!

Pic of Kate (Chloe Moretz) --->

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Six

We Learn the Truth About Elevators

A mouthful of blonde hair cut across my peaceful breathing. Gagging, I jerked awake only to collide heads with someone who had thrown herself onto the bed.

“Kate Graves!” I choked out, reaching out to punch her. She ducked it and jumped off the bed just in time. I snatched up my glasses from the bedside table and shoved them onto my face to glower at my five-eight, blonde friend, who tried to look innocent.

“Good morning, Nat!” she chirped, beaming.

In the bed next to me, Molly was coming out of hibernation slowly. Her blankets formed a mountain on top of her, dark hair splashed across the pillow as she raised her head and blinked blearily at us.

“What the hell is going on?”

Molly wasn’t exactly what you would call a morning person.

“Maria and I drove down here last night!” Kate hopped from foot to foot; whether she was overly excited to see us or she really had to pee, I wasn’t sure. “Except we didn’t know to come to this hotel until we called Jer this morning and he told us to come here, except Maria went to the agency with him, like, an hour ago because you two weren’t waking up –”

Both Molly and I put our hands over our ears.

“Slower,” she grumbled. “What freaking time is it?”

Kate informed us that it was almost ten in the morning as Molly fumbled for her contact case and popped in the wet lenses. Groaning, she flopped back down on her bed and glared up at her best friend.

“But what are you doing here?” she demanded.

“Maria had to come down here to check on Molly,” Kate explained, perching herself on the end of Molly’s bed – obviously she had forgotten the image of Molly with a gun in her hand. “And Jer said I could come – can you believe he’s a spy?”

“I’m starting to,” I muttered as Molly snorted superciliously, and Kate punched her. “So your parents were just fine with it?” I mean, we were talking about the parents who gave Kate a ten o’clock bedtime in the summer.

She shrugged, beaming. “I’m not sure they know all the details. Your mom told them something to convince them, Nat. And Maria’s very responsible.”

Molly groaned again. “I was hoping she would stay in Michigan. You too,” she added, glowering at Kate, who just smiled even more widely.

Swinging my legs over the side of my bed, I grabbed my toiletries case, thinking of taking a steaming hot shower for about an hour. However, Kate called after me as I entered the bathroom that we only had an hour until Jer was sending someone to pick us up, so I was forced to reduce that shower to fifteen minutes. A grumpy Molly showered after me, taking only six, as she pointedly informed me.

At ten-thirty the three of us were clad in jeans and sweatshirts and ponytails, ready to take down any Alley Men we came across. But a girl can’t do much without breakfast, especially when she’s used to running six miles a day, so we tried to hustle up some food. Once we found out that there was no room service operating, that hotel’s ratings went way down in our minds.