Kyubi's Attack

Mamoru's pov.

Today is just another regular day. Helping ka-san on some chores, catching up with to-san, getting Itachi ready then drop him off the academy... and meeting the most loud, annoying, hyperactive genin group that I'm attached to.

"I'm sorry that I'm late sensei!" A panting Toka finally arrived... late as usual. "Go do the usuals" I said and looking over at the sparing Hana and Takeshi. The cycle happens everyday. Toka came late, run 20 laps around the training ground with weights on his arms and legs under 30 minutes or he won't get any lunch, Finally sparing against Takeshi or even Hana. Which is why... he have the best stamina within the three.

And a day of training really passed quicker than expected. They three said their farewell before going on different ways. I can't wait to get back home... to see Itachi and Sasuke.

I slide the door open and take off my shoe. "I'm home" I shouted. Soft footsteps are heard from the dining room "Nii-san! Ka-san said she's going out with to-san and asked us to cook ourself" Itachi come towards me with Sasuke in his arms.

I lift Sasuke away from Itachi "Go take a bath. I'll cook and look for Sasuke awhile" I said. Itachi quickly run up the stairs where I just enter the kitchen, getting ready to cook for dinner.

-Time Skip-

Dinner's not that lonely. Me and Itachi get to talk about alot of things. He tell me his day, while I tell him mine. After finishing the meal, Itachi looked after Sasuke where I'm doing the dishes. "Itachi, I'm going to take a bath. Don't forget to close the door okay?" "Yes nii-san" He said and keep on looking towards the night sky with Sasuke in his arms.

After taking a nice warm bath, I could feel a very evil aura through the window. There's something weird. I changed into my full gear, prepared for anything. Then time seems to be in slow motion. A loud roar filled the quiet night. Kyubi stand over buildings within the village.

People start to panic and went out of their houses. I quickly get down from my room to look for Itachi and Sasuke. "ITACHI! SASUKE!" I tried to sense their chakra within the house, but there's none.

I ran out of the house, standing on top of a high roof, overview the Kyubi over the horizon and busy searching for 2 chakra signature.

BINGO

I jumped down the roof towards the ground before sprinting to the source of 2 chakra signatures. Before I arrive, a large ruined house's going to crash them. I push more chakra into my soles... pushing every power that I could to arrive first before the ruins.

I pick them up and put them together with the other panicing people. "Is Sasuke okay?!" Itachi unravel a bundel, which is a crying Sasuke. I lift him for a while and kissed his forehead. "Shh. Don't cry Sasuke. All your nii-san will protect you. Be safe" I said and handle the now slightly calmed down Sasuke. "Itachi, I need you to move. follow the line and look for shelter. Protect the young" I said and slightly push Itachi towards the crowd.

After making sure that he follows safely within the line of people, I helped as much as I could to save anyone who seems to be stuck in the ruins. After all of the residence placed under shelter, I'm looking for my parents. "Where's to-san?" I ask the last Uchiha who's entering the shelter. "Fugaku-sama's still out there with some other jounin" He said. I bid him my thanks and look for my father.

"To-san" I called. "What are you doing here?! Why aren't you under the shelter? Where's Sasuke and Itachi?" He tried to calmly ask me. "The Uchiha evacuation is complete. I'm looking for ka-san. Sasuke and Itachi are both under the shelter too." I said which make him slightly calm. "I sent your ka-san in for some time ago" He said. I just nodded my head.

"So... what do we do now?" I ask. "Nothing." " Why nothing?!" I got slightly irritated. "It's the hokage's order" to-san said. I can't just wait here and do nothing. Oh no. My teammates.

I dismiss myself from the Uchiha compound and start helping other ninja out of the Uchiha teritory while looking for my team members.

Then I found her. "HANA!" I shouted. She turned her face towards me and flashed me a weak smile. Time went into slow motion. Kyubi wagged it's tail and sent gush of winds that knock over some ruins that's coming closer towards us. She pushed me aside and a large chuck of wood stab her back. She tried to speak something but blood come out instead of her voice.

Hana...

out of all people... why should it be her?

Tears flow out of my eye. I screamed so loud that I thought it could be heard from the other part of the ruined village. It's not real. It's just a genjutsu right?

No.

She's...

Dead

right infront of my eye...

She died infront of my eye.

I'm a jounin. Aren't I suppose to protect my genin?

I'm a failure.

I can't be a failure.

I stand from the ground and focus on chakra signatures that's scatter through the ruins while dodging incoming flying objects with one objective... to save lives.

-Time Skip-

The forth hokage sealed the Kyubi inside a kid. Less that people know... the kid is his own son. Uzumaki Namikaze Naruto. He's placed infront of the hokage and her wife's photograph along side with other deceased shinobi or civillians. Sobs and silent fills the air as the whole village mourn over the one who sacrificed for their village.

I stand beside to-san and Itachi. The hokage spot are returned back to the third hokage. I look at 3 frames with familiar faces on it... my genin team. I'm not worthy of Jounin title. I can't even keep my teams. First... my genin teammates. Second... my friend from war. And now... my own genin team.

"It's not your fault. At least their names will be recorded at the KIA stone" To-san tried to soothe me. I just keep quiet the whole time until I'm left alone, staring at three names on the stone. "I have come to a decision..." I let go of a deep sigh. "I'll join the Anbu" I said with an emotionless looks that's easily reflected by the stone.

"Very well then"