17. Promise Me?

Niall's POV

As Harry awkwardly comes back into the room, I know I just made the mistake of the century. Why would he want to stay with me?! I'm sick with some stupid flu and I puked on him today. He probably wants to run out screaming but can't because now he has to take care of me.

"Um, yeah sure. Just let me tell my mom that I'm staying over." He says and practically runs out of the room.

See?! What did I tell you! I sighed unhappily and try to get comfortable in my bed again. I've just pulled the comforters over my head when I hear the door squeak. I don't know now if it's a good thing or bad thing that I've never oiled the hinges on that thing.

I hear shuffling in my room and a giant thud. I lift the covers ever so slightly so I can see what's happening but still be confirmed as asleep.

(c'mon somebody, we've all done this before... well I know that I have...)

Harry and my mom are lugging the air mattress into my room and Harry is trying to pump air into it. It's so cute that Harry is actually trying to stay with me. But if my mom stays any longer, she's going to say something really embarrassing about me.

"Maybe you should raise the music just a tad more Harry, Niall is a snorer and a sleep talker." My mom smiles and leaves the room. I spoke too soon. Once the door is shut and I hear my mom going downstairs, my covers are ripped away from me and I feel cold instantly in my boxers....

Oh crud I'm just my boxers.

Does that mean that Harry undressed me?! Oh god someone needs to help me now! I register the wide smile on his face.

"I knew you were awake." He says and gives me my covers again.

"You know there was a better way to learn that instead of ripping the covers off me. I'm freezing now!"

"Good! You are running a temperature and you actually need to take some pills to get it down." He handed me the pills and a glass of water. I took them under his watchful eye and when I was done, he gently took it away from me.

I felt like a little kid to be honest. I tried glaring at him but I went into a sneezing frenzy. Ugh I hate being sick!

"Tissues, couch drops, a water bottle and anything you need for the night." He said and went off to change for the night. I just realized how late it was as I check my phone and find that I missed a lot of messages. Mostly from Myka. She had also left a ton of voice messages.

"Hey Nialler, it Myka, call me back when you can, like you ever will, give me an update on this crush on yours and if it's going to be anything like you-know-who, then you're screwed. Love ya!" I listened to a few more messages but each got more personal and I eventually had to shoot her a text to tell her to shut up.

She instantly called me up.

"Nice to know you live Whoran." She giggled.

"Oh shut up Myka, you don't know the day I've had."

"Do explain Mr. Whoran."

"Stop calling me that."

"NEVER!!!" She screamed into the phone and I had to hold it am arms length away to avoid becoming deaf. But almost immediately it's snatched up by Harry.

"HARRY!" I whine and try to reach my phone. He keeps it out of reach and by this time, Myka realizes who is here.

"Wait, is this THE Harry Styles, otherwise known as the school's bad boy?! SUCH BAD INFLUENCES NIALLER!!! WHAT WOULD YOUR FATHER SAY??"

"Myka," I warned. She knew that my father was a touchy subject for me. I'm going to give her three seconds...

3...2...1...

"Myka, I don't care about my father now would you please kindly hang up and don't talk to me for awhile." I all but hissed into the phone.

"Niall, you know I was joking-"

"Myka Anderson," I said in a scarily calm voice. I could hear Myka gulp on the other end.

"Hang up or else Myka."

"Okay, got it. Bye." Harry ends the call and hands me my phone.

"You okay-"

"No, go away."

"No I won't. What was Myka talking about?"

"Harry I'm sorry but I really don't want to talk about it. It's a bit too personal." I sigh and bury my head in my pillow. Harry rubs my back soothingly as I try to hold back my tears. I will not cry in front of Harry. I can't. Well he's already seen me mad, happy, carefree, singing, puking, messing around. He's seen all sides of me. What's so bad about one more?

"Niall if you tell me, I'll talk about my past." He mutters. I lift my head up, tears flowing freely now.

"Harry I want to, I really do, I just can't right now. The wound is too fresh. " I choke up. He nods and continues rubbing my back, and does it until I fall asleep.

"Promise me?" He asks quietly but I'm already slipping into unconsciousness. 

**************

It's been two weeks since that one sickly day and it's my first day back at school. I had a stomach virus and for two weeks, I've been home and Harry has visited me. Sure my other friends have visited me but Harry was responsible for getting me my schoolwork.

I honestly enjoyed it when he visited. We slowly grew closer as he would become my teacher in the afternoons. But I was falling for my teacher, which was bad but how could you not like a face like Harry. Anyways I was totally up to date with school work and ready to see everyone.

I step outside of my car and into the sunlight and hiss. I haven't been in the sun for so long, I honestly feel like a vampire, and to make it worse I almost look like one. But the main difference is that I'm not glittery.

"NIALL!!" I hear and 10 people are rushing up to me and giving me hugs. The girls hugs me a bit too long, much to the guys dismay.

"Niall as much as I would love to hug you, I don't want to get sick." Jessica jokes and gives me the biggest hug.

"Where's Harry?" I whisper into her ear.

"Yearbook," she mouths and I quickly excuse myself to go find him. I hear Sam make a slightly crude comment but I don't care. I just really want to see Harry.

I walk into the classroom, opening my mouth to say hi or surprise Harry. But that's when I see something that takes me by surprise and to be honest with you, shatters my heart into a million pieces.

I just ask, why me?
_______________________________________________
I feel bad, I always seem to end an chapter with a cliff hanger. I honestly don't try to, its just that most of the time that's where my idea ends.    

So does anyone know what Niall sees? Who ever is the closest guess can get a dedication, because I have run out of people to dedicate to..... but shhh.... no one knows ;)

From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx

Vote fan and comment please!