09. Danny

Jessica's POV

I felt really bad for Niall as he walked to detention yesterday. And with Harry no less. Wait what is this; I'm referring him to his first name?? I haven't done that in years. Not ever since, that one day. I guess you can learn some of the meaning behind my hate for Harry. It started at a party during freshman year.

My spiralling hate for him began then.

*FLASHBACK*

I nervously walked into the party one March evening. It was lightly snowing. Everyone seemed to having a good time; it was strange for a late freshman like me to be invited to a senior party. Almost at once, I was tackled by my friends Ashley and Danny. Ashley looks really hyper so I can only imagine what has gotten into her system.

"Crazy party already, right?" I heard Danny yell into my ear. That was a huge understatement. From what I could see, people were grinding on others; couples were making out, and some worse scenes. My young mind was officially scarred at that party. Danny was laughing quietly, obviously amused by my reactions.

"Oh shut up Danny, like you're enjoying this."

"I am actually, I am going to ask out my crush tonight. Hopefully he says yes!" his eyes brightened and I loved seeing Danny happy for once in his life. And in case you didn't get that statement, yes, Danny was gay but he was the totally accepted one. In fact there were a couple of guys at school that were always falling at his feet. But I knew he only had his eye on one.

"I don't think he would be invited to a party like this. I don't think he would even go to a party Danny. What makes you so sure that he is here?"

"He was invited, I invited him and Sean said that he would make him come." Danny said.

"Danny..."

"There he is! I got to go Jess, wish me luck!" he yelled and ran in the direction of the kitchen. "You're an idiot!" I called after him.

After an hour of seeing Danny last, I finally found him in a game of truth or dare. He was seated next to his crush, grinning like an idiot. I sat on the other side of him as I saw the two kiss. A round of whooping erupted in the room, people knew of his crush, except his actual crush. But the fairytale ended quickly when his crush shoved Danny off of him and stormed off.

I looked at the brokenhearted Danny; he was really trying hard not to cry. I comforted him and realized, nice innocent Danny, was never coming back again.

*a few months later*

It the next year, Danny did never come back. He was the same Danny at school, but people knew to not push him. He would snap so easily then. He stopped talking to his crush completely. In fact he would be the receiving end of Danny's anger every once in a while. Danny would not bully though, it was bad enough he was bullied for being a musical prodigy like me. He would never want to cause any one pain.

"Hey Jessica," he said tiredly one day in chorus. He had bags under his eyes and his eyes; they were a dark grey, almost black color. He was almost never happy anymore.

"Hey, you-know-who was asking for you this morning."

"I don't care about him."

See what I mean. That little idiot changed my Danny. I sighed and just tried to get through the day. Which was actually easier than I thought, school seemed to end earlier than normal. It was a Friday afternoon so the school was empty in seconds.

My friends and I were hanging out in the parking lot when I see Danny talking to his crush. Over the last few months, of course Danny changed but so did his crush. His nerdy appearance was morphed into a handsome jerk. No wonder Danny loves him.

Anyways, the two looked like they were having it out. In one split second, Danny pinned his crush against the wall. Uh oh, I ran up to them, hopefully I wouldn't have to break up a fight and heard something that made my blood boil.

"Danny, back off. I don't love you and I will never love you. Why would you choose me of everyone in this damn school??"

Danny dropped the boy and ran off. Much to my protests.

*Monday*

All weekend I had tried calling Danny, but he wouldn't pick up. Monday morning, I was so pissed off at the nerd. I swear if my friends hadn't been witnesses as well, they would've not have been prepared to hold me back whenever I lunged at him. Danny wasn't at school that day. Or the next. I started to get worried. Wednesday, I received the worse news in my life...

Danny was dead.

And it was all Harry's fault.

*END OF FLASHBACK*
________________________________________________
 Writer's Block: I literally scraped this up together, so meaning this is not my best work. I hope this kind of helps with what will comes up next. This story is starting to take off so there's starting to be some drama. How was this chapter? Voice your opinions please and thank you all for voting and commenting lovelies. Can we do 10 votes and comments this time?

from my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read. I'm Jessica!
Vote
Comment and
Fan Please!