3 - Akira (Part 5 of 5)

That night at dinner, I was surrounded by students asking me about the fight with Akira.  It went just about the same way it did after Ken’ichi and I had gotten into that fight.  Except that there were way more people who liked Akira than there were people who could tolerate Ken’ichi.  And there was also the fact that this time, I had actually lost something.

“Dude, I can’t believe what happened with that kid today,” said Yusuke.  “I can’t even remember his name… What was it?”

“Akira Ishii,” answered Shizuka, her voice dreamy.

“Oh God, Shizuka,” said Kohei, rolling his eyes.  “You talk about him like you have a crush or something.”

“Well, he is pretty handsome,” she replied, her tone hot and defensive.  “I’m telling you, he could be a movie star.  Or a model.  I mean, look at him!  I know he’s a jerk and all, but he’s so tall and muscular.  And he has perfect hair.  And those piercing eyes…”

“Jeez, Shizuka.  Why don’t you just go find him and ask him out.”  Kohei sounded almost offended.

“Maybe I’d like to, Kohei,” she said, arms crossed.  “And maybe you all just don’t understand him.  He could have been just playing around with Joey.  It’s not like he knew what he took.”

Yusuke gave her a look.  “As much as I’m into the idea of you chasing after some guy who basically tried to kill my friend here, I don’t think you’re gonna have much luck.  Just look over there.  Looks like he’s already got a girlfriend, huh?”

We all looked where Yusuke was pointing.  Sure enough, there was Akira.  He was sitting at one of the smaller tables.  On the other side of the room.  Across from him, there was a girl who had her back to us.  All I could see was her hair, long and flowing like a waterfall down her back.

“Ew,” said Shizuka.  “She’s probably a total hag.”

*************

Author's Note:

Hi guys. Sorry to keep you all hanging for the last part of this chapter. I know it's not very long, but I hope you all like it anyway. There's a bit of foreshadowing for the next couple of chapters. And for those of you who were looking for romance won't be disappointed with the next chapter ;) 

Anyway, even though I've taken a long hiatus from uploading, I'm really happy to see that people are still reading and supporting Ishiki. Even though there have been times that I've gone through the wattpad advertisement circuit, I don't really upload on here for the votes or the fans or anything, not to minimize how much I appreciate the votes and fans I've gotten. I really just want to spread this story around to as many readers as possible. So those of you who have taken the time to read up to this point, I really want to thank you :) And hope that you like this story. Leave a comment, I'd love to get to know you all.

Well, see you next chapter!