Chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to ktshipslarry

Thanks y'all for the reads and vote you've been giving my book.

The chapter is a bit long so I decide to split it into two. Encourage me with likes and comments and i would put up the second part as quickly as possible.

Warning: This chapter contains a scene that most people find annoying and rude. Whatever you read here, do not practice at home; someone might just punch you in the face.

Writer's POV

Alex sat on her grey-striped feather bed in pretzel-style. She gently inhaled the sweet strawberry scent that was coming from the blue pyjamas she was putting on.

She adjusted her eye glasses which was slipping off the bridge of her nose as her contact lenses were off.

She brought out her diary and pen just like every other night to put down her feelings in her diary. She smiled like always as she wrote in her diary.

The sudden sound of her paper works caught her attention and she looked up. She saw her paper works falling from her table, she stood up from bed and moved closer to the table.

"Kent is that you?" Alex asked as she tried to pick up her falling paper works from the floor. She knew if it wasn't the wind being funny, it had to be Kent.

The short curtain was flying and the window was making some horrible funky sounds that she didn't understand, she looked up but saw no one. She picked up the sheets of paper and placed them on the table. She placed her pen case on them to prevent them from flying around again.

Frightening thoughts race through her mind as she didn't see Kent anywhere. Her heart started to beat fast as she wasn't getting any response. She held her breath and moved close to the window to peer but she couldn't see anyone outside.

"Hello" The fruity voice said behind her,  bursting out in laughter immediately. He enjoyed the horror look on her face and how he made her scared.

Alex turned around in shock. "Oh my gosh!!" Alex said, freaked out. She thought some real ghost or someone bad was about to get her. "will you stop doing that?" She fumed.

"No" Kent smirked. He somehow knew Alex wanted to kill him for scaring her like that. She had warned him several time to stop scaring her but Kent somehow derived joy in watching her go crazy and scared; and he also needed to grab her attention, it was like he fed on Alex's attentions to him. He sometimes wasn't sure why but it seemed to him it was because he had no one to talk to.

"Do you always have to do that? Flying my paper works all over the room and making silly sounds with my window" Alex asked still trying to catch her breath.

"Yes"

"You're so annoying"

"Did I scare you?" There was a little smirk playing around his lips. He knew that already but he needed to be sure that he got her full attention.

"What do you think? Does it look like you didn't scare me, stupid" Alex rolled her eyes at him.

"Aww...I'm sorry. I'll try to be scarier next time" Kent joked. He knew if he had his chance again, he would do it to her over and over again.

"Shut up" Alex rolled her eyes at him again "I'm going down stairs to get some water. I need to calm my nerves"

"Calm your nerves over what? This isn't the first time you'll be seeing a ghost" Kent said

"No, but the ghost chose to scare me this time around" Alex could remember the very first time she saw Kent's ghost, she wasn't scared, she was only surprise and she had to pass out. And even the first time she spoke to him, she didn't feel anything close to fear "Just stay here, i'll be right back" Alex said and walked towards the door

"Okay"

"Good" she opened the door and stepped out, shutting the door behind her.

"Wheew" Kent rolled his eye as he looked all over the room. His gaze shifted to Alex's bed and it caught her diary which was lying on the bed. He moved closer to the bed and sat on it, he stared at the diary in total confusion as curiosity ate him up. The temptation was just right there in front of him and he couldn't resist. He knew the worse that could happen was her usual yelling and it would be over after a while. He knew it was wrong of him to go through her diary but it was like the diary was calling for him.

She's so gonna kill you Kent. He thought before finally going picking up the diary.

His eyes scanned every bit of the page that was opened and he furrowed his brow at the diary. He wasn't sure why she had to write about him in her diary, except she had a little tiny crush on him which he had tried to confirm several times; But he could remember Alex told him he wasn't her type.

He opened another page out of curiosity and read read until he was opening other pages of the diary; his eyes grew impossibly wide, staring in horror.

He smiled as he kept on flipping the pages of the diary, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Wow!" It was a whole book about him, He was reading all about himself in a Alex's diary and it somehow made him happy. He opened the first page of the diary and when he saw the date,he opened his mouth wide in shock. Alex had been writing about him before his accident.

He stood up from the bed and stood in the center of the room wondering how he never knew about this. His mind wandered back to the day Max spoke about Alex's crush and how Alex tried to shut him up. Now it all made sense to him, he was the the crush who was likely to die.

He couldn't believe he had been so stupid. He had all the answers in front of him and he still couldn't figure it out. No wonder Alex said her crush was dumb.

"I'm the dumb crush. It's me." He laughed. "I'm her crush. I'm the guy she likes so much." He laughed but so loud this time. "Wait a minute- did I just call myself DUMB!" He bit his lower lip trying to stop himself from laughing.

He wondered why she had refused to let him know about her feelings for him. He thought they were close enough to share everything.

"That damn girl. I'm so gonna kill her for keeping this from me."

Alex came in and to her surprise, Kent was just standing in the centre of her room quietly staring at the door. His features were so heard to read, his eyes said a lot of confusing things but it was still hard to comprehend. She wondered what was going on in his head.

"Hey!" Alex said as she smiled.

"Hey" Kent replied, still trying to come in terms with everything he had read in Alex's diary. "I guess you're not scared anymore..." he tried to joke.

"No, I'm fine now" Alex smiled again and adjusted her glasses.

"You really love to smile when you're with me" Kent said. He had come to realize why she sometimes smiled to herself whenever they were together. She acted tough most times, but it wasn't hard to notice those were just a wall she tried to build up whenever he was with her.

"What? Don't flatter yourself" Alex rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

"Do I?" He began to walk towards her, ready to confront her and clear all of his doubts. "So...tell me about your crush again"

"What crush?" she sniggers and adjusted her glasses.

"Your crush, the one who could probably die. Your dumb crush" Kent said as he got closer to her, there was no escaping this time around. He was going to make her talk and Amit her feelings for him.

"What!"

Author's Note: Guys, do not read other people's diary, it's annoying. A diary should be and it is something personal. I know curiosity kills the cat but what you don't know can't hurt you either. Stop putting your nose where it doesn't belong. Namaste!

I hope you like it?

Please comment, like and share.

Love ya😘