Charlie and the Wolf Pack

Charlie Wolf Pack

 Chapter One

I can't believe I was back here again, in a place I said I would never come again but here I am. Binghamton out in Broome County, New York. I got out of my car and walked inside Chenango Forks-High School, the school I abandoned almost two years ago when my life was semi normal, back before my grandmother Carrie May Anderson, who I called Ma died. She was the only parent I've ever known, she was the best, she was always there for me whenever I needed her. She was amazing and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Inside the school I headed straight for the office, the receptionist Mrs. Karp was there and she looked up and smiled.

"Oh lordie, Charlotte Anderson it's wonderful to see you again, how have you been? Is there anything I can do you?"

"No thank you, I'm fine just came to get my papers and its Charlie, that's legally my name now Charlie Kane."

"Oh okay sweetie, but why Kane if you don't mind my asking?"

"I don't mind, I'm mat- married now."

"Honey, that's wonderful, I simply must meet this man of yours."

She handed me all the things I needed and I made my way to class. I had math now and it was in the same room, nothing ever changes in this place. I walked into the classroom and heard that high pitch squeak I was sure that I would never forget. It belonged to my former best friend Lynsay George.

"Oh my goodness Char, I had no idea you were coming home. Why didn't you tell me?"

I thought because maybe I haven't spoken to you in over a year.

"Okay Ms. Anderson, please take a seat and welcome back" Mr. Nock said.

I handed him the papers Mrs. Karp gave me and said, "Actually its Kane now."

"I beg your pardon?" Mr. Nock asked and I sighed I had a feeling I was going to be repeating this for a while.

"Legally my name is Charlie Kane."

I looked around the room and found that there was a seat next to Lynsay who was sitting by the closet and there was no way I was sitting there. There was also a seat by the window and I instantly took that one. I thought about everything I had been through in the last year and wondered how I was so strong. The bell rang and quickly snapped me out of my thoughts. I was the first person out of the door because I knew Lynsay was going to try and talk to me.

The day dragged on and a lot of my old friends kept saying how they missed me.

Right.

On my way to gym I was day-dreaming when someone bumped into me, it had me looking up into the blue eyes and smiling face of Michael Holmes, my ex-boyfriend.

I was really trying to understand what I had done to make God hate me so much, whatever it was I was so sorry.

"Hey Charlotte I heard you were back, how have you been?" He gave me that smile I used to think was sexy.

"What do you want?"

"I haven't spoken to you in a while and it's really good to see you even if we aren't together anymore."

"Yup, really great, please note the sarcasm" I said as I walked away.

I changed into shorts and a t-shirt for gym, Becca Jacobs who earned the title of "super slut" asked me if I was going to cheer again, I moved away from her too. But it seems I couldn't get away from Michael who was also in this class, he came and stood next me.

"What's with the new additions?"

He was talking about my tattoos and piercings he already knew about my belly ring. Now I had my tongue and eyebrow pierced. I had a tattoo of a spider web with a wolf in it on my left hand, and a spider wolf on my left wrist. A rose that had Carrie May around it on my right ankle, a five point star inside a circle on my right wrist, symbolizing my witch blood. On the back of my neck was a bloody full moon and a dragon on my back. The head started on my back of my right shoulder, the body and wings took up my whole back. Ending with its tail circling my waist, the tip stopped on the left front side of my waist. Then on my left ring finger was the name Dominic.

"Look Michael it's none of your business and could you explain why you're even talking to me?"

"Char, I still care about you" oh gag me now please.

"Oh course you do" I said then walked away from him. This was going to be a long school year it's a good thing I was a senior.

At the end of the day I was putting my books in my locker when I saw Lynsay and Michael walking by me holding hands.

"Hold on babe" Lynsay said, oh gods why can't these people leave me alone. "Char, listen I'm totally glad your back and I hope things can go back to the way they were -before" she said trailing off.

"Before what Lynsay?"

"Before -you know" she said in a small voice.

"Oh right you mean before I caught you giving my boyfriend a blow job in my bedroom after my grandmother's funeral?"' I didn't yell but people heard because everyone was listening.

"I can't believe you just said that out loud, you are such a bitch. You always thought you were better than everyone because you were head cheerleader and dating the quarterback. Well guess what your not anymore I am, your just some Goth wannabe bitch. And here's a thought: maybe if you were giving him blow jobs he wouldn't have come to me but you're just a scared virgin." 

I slapped her and if you ask me that was way overdue.

"I never thought I was better than everyone just you, he only came to you because everyone knows you're an easy fuck and I'm not a virgin." I walked out the building hopped in my 2010 Jaguar FX and went home.

I walked in my house; I dropped my bag in the living room floor when I heard it. A low growl. I turned around just in time to see a large black wolf in the air flying straight at me.