54 • baby daddy & baby fever

Alexandra's POV:

"Aww! Oh my God, they're so cute!" As I waited for my cookies to come out of the oven, I was scrolling through Pinterest and looking at pictures of babies. Yesterday when I was at the mall, I saw some of the cutest babies, and that's when the baby fever kicked in. Since Jaden was growing up, I wanted another baby. "Look at those chubby cheeks!"

"What are you squealin' about over there?"

I looked up from my phone and scrunched up my face at the sight of Michael sitting across from me. "You're still here? Weren't you supposed to be gone, like, yesterday?"

"I don't leave until five, so you're stuck with me for a couple more hours," he smirked, making me cringe.

I wanted to take my recipe book that was sitting on the counter and throw it at his face. He was so damn annoying, and I never thought I'd feel that way about him.

"I can't stand you, and I can't wait until you leave," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Oh, and the next time you lie to me just so you can stay at my house, you will be sleeping in your fucking car."

Before I could storm out of the kitchen, he grabbed my waist to pull me back, then he quickly removed his hands before I snapped.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I was just messing with you, but now I see that's a bad idea," he said. "I've been coming around almost every week for the last three months, and you act like you don't even know me. You rarely talk to me, you don't look me in the face...I've apologized to you over and over; how much longer are you gonna stay mad about this?"

He was really pouring his heart out, and I felt like an asshole for laughing in my head. Something in me wouldn't allow me to be sympathetic toward him.

"You can't dictate how long I stay mad about something like this. In case you forgot, you cheated on me and chose your 'sidechick' & her kid over me & mine. I appreciate your apologies, but they don't just make everything better."

I took the cookies out of the oven, then put the second batch in. I turned around, and Michael had his head in his hands. There was something I desperately wanted to know from him and as much as I didn't wanna ask, I needed to know.

"Can I ask you something?" He looked up and nodded. "Why did you do it?"

"Do wh─"

"Cheat, Michael!" I yelled. "What did I do wrong? Was I not experienced enough? Was I too clingy? What? What did I do to push you away?"

Of course, like my previous talks with Michael, I ended up crying. I didn't want him to think I was crying because I wanted him back or anything like that because that damn sure wasn't the case. I just genuinely wanted to know what I did wrong to get cheated on.

"AJ..." He walked up to me to wipe my tears, and I pushed him back so he wasn't so close to me. "You didn't do anything wrong. I was the one that messed up; it had nothing to do with you. I know we were just kids, but I did love you."

"If you 'loved' me, why'd you choose her over me?" I asked.

"I..." He paused for a second, then he just looked at me and shook his head. "I don't know."

I nodded slowly, disappointed in his response, then got a paper towel to dry my eyes when I heard the front door open. I knew it was Blake & Jaden, and I didn't want them to know I was crying.

"Hi, Biscuit Head! Hi, Michael!" Jaden said, running into the kitchen.

I laughed at his nickname for me, then picked him up and kissed his cheek. "Hey, Biscuit Head Jr! How was school?"