Part 2

*Alice's POV*

The world couldn't be brighter or more colorful. In his presence the world is a better place. I still can't believe he wanted to meet with me! The morning meandered along. The clock was barely moving. Those hours felt like years. But I finally made it to the café and the wonderful man from all those years ago, who I've watched from a distance, is finally directly in front of me again. I flash him a charming smile before taking a sip of the coffee that he ordered for me. I wonder if he remembers me. Do you, Mr. Darcy? Probably not. We never did properly introduce ourselves. I take a look around the café. It's fairly fancy considering its placement in such a small village. We are seated in a more private room above the main dining area. I honestly was not even aware that these rooms existed up here. The floors are the color of an autumn leaf, once the color has completely drained. A mixture of light and dark browns almost made me believe they just melted the leaves down and poured it onto the wooden planks. The downstairs walls are mainly brick; a few sections are covered in tile or wood to keep it feeling like home. Upstairs is a completely different scene. Even though we are in the same building it is clear this floor is meant for upper-class, and upper-class only. The wood is now a dark maple brown and the walls are covered in red paint with gold detailing around the ceiling.

"It's quite lovely here." I smile at him. Hopefully this will start a conversation. This silence is killing me.

"Yes, I find myself relaxed here. Although I do usually sit downstairs, I figured this setting would suit you best." He nods, and quickly quiets down again. I remember him to be more of a conversationalist.

"I assumed you didn't come to town often, Mr. Darcy. Don't you find the Manor more than adequate?" I will get you to talk, Theodore. I reposition myself to more comfortably look at him, moving my hands on top of the table, intertwining my fingers, and resting my head upon them.

"If you were in this village any more than the passing traveler, you would know the answer to that question." He deadpans, looking fairly bored. I don't remember him being so cold. What could have happened in the past years that would have changed his personality so drastically? Maybe I didn't truly know him.

*Theodore's POV*

This conversation is absolutely dreadful. She is too nervous and trying to force a conversation. Everyone knows a good intelligent conversation has to happen naturally. I'm fairly confident that my facial expression has not moved from the usual bored expression I usually have around my parent's friends. How could one person be so boring?

"Look, uh, Alice is it?" She nods. "I can tell you're nervous, but this conversation is going absolutely nowhere. I can tell you're very smart and you're pretty, but you have to stop trying to force any form of conversation and let it come naturally. I hate things that aren't natural." Like myself. I look around while she looks confused. "Now, if the waitress would just get her shit together and come get our order that would be great." I muster out, ignoring the burn of irritation deep inside my stomach, and lace my fingers together in my lap.

"It's only been a few minutes, you must remain patient." She scolds me. Oddly enough, it didn't enrage me unlike how other people do. I sigh.

"Forgive me. Patience isn't required of me often when outside of Grandmother's presence." I lower my head in a slight bow as I think of my father's mother. Alice's face held the look of someone deep in thought, she almost seems troubled.

"Your grandmother?" she asks looking at me questioningly.

"Yes, my grandmother. She raised me since she strongly believes that my father married a spoiled brat. I assume it was so I wouldn't turn out like my mother." I smile. My grandmother never speaks ill of anyone, my grandfather told me that's how she truly feels. Just looking at her interact, you could never detect that she didn't like someone.

"You never mentioned your grandmother before... How is it that you could be so close to someone and never mention them?"

I open my mouth the question the before part of her question as the waitress (finally) returns. I ask for my usual and gesture for the girl to give her own order. It's very rude of me to require her to give her own order, but she can talk for herself and I'm too busy trying to figure out if we've met before. We must have from what she said before.

"Mr. Darcy?" her voice pierces though my thoughts, snapping me back to reality.

"Who are you? Where do you know me from?" I glare at her in suspicion.

"Myname is Alice Kent. I'm your fiancée." She smiles at me playfully. I glare alittle bit harder. I don't like playing games, and the longer this plays outthe more she seems like a threat. Mother always told me rich people have to bemore careful than regular people. Alice Kent could be an assassin, and thatcould be an alias.

"No, you said I never mentioned her before. Who are you? Where did you meet me before?" I growl out, getting angrier by the second. She could be a threat to my grandmother. I will not let her near her. She sighs and looks at me.

"Okay, Okay. My name is Alice Kent, and I'm the girl from the village who saved you when you were little."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I apologize for  how long it took me to actually write this chapter.. Hopefully I'll get it all together and make the next chapter before next year! Thanks for reading!!