The Danger Room Ch.5

A/N: So just for the people who haven't realized, I changed the cover of my story. The first one was just a temporary one until I finished my new one which is now up! Sometimes you can't seen it or it doesn't automatically update so if you're wondering how you can get it to update here it is. You have to delete it from your library and re-download it, but if it doesn't bother you just disregard this. Oh and one other thing before you continue reading, if you like the X-Men but only watch the movies, you might need to know this little bit. If you were wondering, Gambit (Remy) was one of the first X-Men in the comic books and in the 1992 TV series. Just in case you got confused because I've watched the newer X-Men: Evolution series and they have Gambit sided with Magneto and the brotherhood. Gambit's speech habits are spelled wrong on purpose because of his Cajun accent, so for those grammar police out there I'm sorry you'll just have to get over it for this story. So If I cleared up confusion good and if not sorry you had to read this long author's not. Thanks for reading, guys!

Remy had made arrangements for the professor to have me stay in one of their open rooms. I wasn't sure how long they would allow me to stay but I didn't ask. The professor didn't push the subject, in fact he didn't seem to even think of it, a fact that I was very grateful for. The professor was even kind enough to allow me a room next door to Remy's.

The room was nice; nicer than anything that I've ever stayed in. Once you entered through the small wooden door there was a bathroom to your right side. Past the bathroom, there was a small sitting area with a couch facing a TV, a small refrigerator, a coffee table in front of the couch, and a writers desk with a lamp and an office chair. Connected to this sitting area was the bedroom. The room had a queen bed with dark gray sheets and white pillows that went strangely well with the light gray painted walls and ashy carpets. The room was dark but in an inviting way. It was perfect for me.

That first night I was exhausted so sleep came easily at first. My dreams switched from happy times as a child with Remy before our parents had left us, to a memory of Project X. This was the same memory that the professor had stumbled upon earlier this afternoon. I woke up with a jump right before the memory ended. Sweat caused my dark hair to stick to the side of my face and my back where my tank top didn't cover. I would have showered if I hadn't just before I slept. Instead I did what I would always do in these situation, which happened a lot even before we were taken to the island. I got up wrapping the thick comforter around my shoulders, and headed next door.

I knocked twice before I finally grew inpatient enough to pull out two of the bobby pins that unsuccessfully held my hair out of my face, and work at the lock. After less than a minute I got the lock to click and I quietly pushed the door open. Remy had taught me how to pick locks, and I guess it's a pretty handy talent.

I walked through the room that was identical to mine, but with a a flare of Remy added to it. There were playing cards scattered everywhere on the ground and some sticking out of targets that were put up on the wall. Clothes and torn out shoes scattered the floor. Typical Remy. He won't get rid of shoes. He never wears them after they rip but he swears he still does.

I came up to Remy sleeping. At least I think it is him. It was hard to tell through the mess of limbs, sheets, and tufts of hair that scattered that poor bed. I laughed to myself as the pile on the bed snored, tossed, and twisted every which way.

"Remy..." I whispered as to not rudely wake him up, "Remy?" I asked again slightly shaking his twisted figure, "Remy!" I said now, not in a shout but in a normal voice.

He sharply sat up with a quiet gasp, eyes wide. When he spied me he slumped his shoulders, the lazy tired look returning to his face, "Chere, you scare me, coming in at this time. What keeps you up?" he asked truly concerned.