Chapter Thirty-One

Lolly's Pov

   Everything was dead silent as we walked on. I didn't mind, I liked it that way. It had been a day and a half since Masamune was abducted and we were now on the way to Suzukio. I wanted to start out the day that Masamune was taken but the old man wouldn't let me. As a result I was in a very foul mood indeed.
   "You ok?" Fuu asked as she walked next to me. I grunted and nodded my head. I really didn't want to talk. Eventually Fuu must've gotten the memo because she then fell back.
   On the outside I was prickly but on the inside I was panicking and hurt. Masamune was the only one of my clan that I even knew was alive besides Soren and now he was gone.
   After two hours we decided to take a break beside a nice stream to catch our breath. I sat down on a boulder and then put my head in my hands. How could I let this happen? However I knew that I never thought that Masamune would ever be taken.
   "Lolly, are you alright?" Sakura asked as she came over. I was a bit taken aback because we weren't exactly close. However I did appreciate her concern, "Thanks but I'll be fine." I told her. She nodded and then got up. She wasn't convinced and truthfully I wasn't either.
   However I got up then and then nodded to Kakashi to rally up everyone. It was time that we began to move again. So once everyone was up again we started to walk onward. "Are you sure that you're even going the right way?" Neji asked.

"I know where my home is. Even if I haven't been here for years."

"Are you-"

"Just trust me. That's all you can really do."

   Neji fell silent just as we began to climb up a tall hill. "Besides, we're here..." I sighed as I stopped at the top of the hill.
   One by one as they all came to stand beside me they stopped short. "What... what is this?" Sakura stuttered. I smiled bitterly, "This is my home. This is what's left of it."

   Suzukio was nothing but an eleven foot radius of pure teal crystal. As much as it was flat there were still tall spires of crystal encasing the once tall spires of buildings. All around there were spots of red mixed in which made me wince. Those were the blood stains of the people I loved; forever there now. The area was scarily quiet and the air around it was of death and destruction.
   I sighed, "Come on then, we can't just stare at this depressing place all day." I then began walking down the hill. I knew this would be dangerous but I needed to come back here.
   Just as I was about to step into the first part of the crystal I stopped, "I want you all to be very careful. The crystal around here is still very much active and it will kill you if you step in the wrong spot. Be aware of that." I warned them and then stepped into the field.
   As soon as my foot touched the crystal, it lit up. I felt the power racing through my veins as my Crystal Release markings appeared. I hissed slightly but then after a few minutes began to walk. The others followed behind silently and I felt myself beginning to shiver at the feel of this place.
   It was utterly silent and in that I felt ready to stab something. This silence wasn't natural and it wasn't friend. "AHHH!"
   I whipped around and saw that Sakura was behind Kakashi and he had stopped a spike of crystal with a kunai. "I told you to be careful." I growled.

"B-but the crystal, it leapt up out of nowhere!" Sakura cried.

"Yes, that's because the crystal still has a lot of residual energy. When this was all put here, it was for self defense. So naturally it still will leap up at anyone or thing that doesn't have crystal type user blood."

"How do you know this?"

"Because naturally I put it here."

   With that I walked on. As I did I kept having to clear my head; everywhere reminded me of what the clan used to be like. I stopped at one large expanse of crystal and touched it slightly, this was the dojo where I used to play at.