The War and the Girl

• Dedicated to lroppy

(Please take note that any of this story is pure fiction, none of it is real, and if you are a-fend in any way then don't report it since I am warning you now that this may contain language for older teens, steaming scenes farther in the book, lots of violence blood and gore. Please read at your own risk.... Other wise vote and comment what you like about this story :3)

THE WAR AND THE GIRL

A war broke out in 2000, I had just turned 14 years old. My father entered the war since he had amazingly good skills with guns and eyesight. No, scratch that, our whole family was known for there amazing eyesight, and gun skills... But when it came to making up our minds, it was always the men that went to the war zone. The women stayed behind to tend to the children.

My father had trained me in the ways of the skillful hunter. I was his only child, and he wanted me to carry the gene into the next generation. It was tradition to teach your first boy how to fight in a war, if one ever broke out. Unfortunately, my mother died in labor with me. So, he had to settle down with a daughter instead. I was an only child. My cousins were mostly boys... we'd always made challenges to see who'd make it in a war game (with paint balls). I always won, but never against my father... in all of the family, he was the best; but I was destined to be even better than my father. I practiced every night on our family property. He gave me hints and advice on how to get better at my aim.

Only that when the war broke out are family was the first to sign up. I shoved my father out of the door, making him join. He was afraid that he wasn't going to come home. I kept telling him that I'd be alright and it was his turn to fight the war. It was the greatest honor that he could have done.

One night, 1 year later, a man in a uniform knocked on the door. Dad was supposed to come back home. He'd sent me pictures and letters of how he was doing. I couldn't wait to see him again. I had grown so tall. I came to the door. I knew that my father was dead before the man even said that he was very sorry,

“A bomb got to him before he could save this little girl. She was in the way of the mission to deactivate a bomb... it killed them both, I'm dearly sorry ma'am.”

“You can come in, if you like sir,” I motioned

I motioned my hands towards the couch, he looked into my face and noticed I had long know of the bad news. I asked if he wanted anything to drink. He said no.

“I should tell you, sir, that in our family, the men going to war... it brings honor to us, in many different ways. So if we die in action, then that is what happens. And it's an even greater honor for our family to die protecting what we love. Since the revolutionary war, which was when our family line began... We have had-- lets say amazing eyesight and skills with any gun.”

“So, your line of family goes pretty deep huh, Ma'am...” he leaned in wanting to know more.

“Yes, my father is, and will always be the better of all of us in combat.... Or at least he was to me. Only that when mom died when I was born, he raised me-- as if I were like a son to him... and I'd never ask for it to be changed at all. I love getting challenges from my cousins,” my smile faded into a frown. “But they're all in war now... if I were not a female, I'd be there to fight, side by side. Traditions run hard though this family... Men go to the wars, while the girls stay home to tend to the younger children. But... I have no family now, my father was the only one who connected me to his line of family. If mom was still here, it'd be sure that I'd never get accepted into the family. You can guess why.”

“Was she not one of the family, Ma'am?” he asked intently

“Yes, she wasn't part of the family, nor my fathers blood line, and my father said that the only way to become into the family was to marry Ringa the other head family member.”