Extra Chapter - Thanksgiving

Yo yo yo yo SOOOO I wanted to do something about Thanksgiving, and I wasn't exactly sure if people celebrated Thanksgiving during Colonial America (for my ac3 fic) >_> Like as an annual holiday. You know what I mean.

So I figured it would be easier to just use one of my modern stories and make a quick Thanksgiving one-shot. oh ho ho we gon' eat all the crumpe- I mean turkey.

Let's make this take place before Harper's death ;3; We need Harper to share our lovely little dinner with XD

This isn't really an important chapter or anything, I just wrote this for fun :3  Seriously. I had the worst writer's block ever while writing this, so please mind the sucky plot and word choice for I was half asleep while writing. But I just really wanted to do something for Thanksgiving.

November 2024

It was an autumnal day, chilly and vibrant with warm color. Your home was filled with the scent of turkey, collard greens, mashed potatoes, and other usual foods eaten this day. SEAL Team Six had fortunately allowed you and your comrades a free day for Thanksgiving. 

"[Name], it's such a delight having you back at home. Can't you take breaks more often?" Your mother said, while opening the oven to take the turkey out. 

"Believe me, mom. If I could I would. But times are tough right now." You gave an honest smile, then helping her carry a casserole tray to the dinner table. "Don't worry about me. I'm tough." 

The doorbell rung, and you shouted, "I'll get it!" You quickly took your apron off and went to the door. You opened it, revealing Mason and Harper.

"You guys are early." You stated, letting them in.

"Wow, nice to see you too." Harper said. The two of them were about to enter the living room, before you caught notice of something hanging out of Harper's back pocket.

"Hey!" You shouted to Harper. You cleared your throat when he turned around.

"What?"

You gestured towards the Five-seven sticking out of his pocket. "Are you really going to have a gun on you at my house? Not to mention the fact that there are children here!"

"Well, just in case of an eme-"

"There's not going to be any goddamn emergencies, Harper!" You sighed, and grabbed his pistol. "And you should know that I have a safe upstairs filled with a whole crap load of weapons."

"Really?" Mason said to Harper, who shrugged in response. 

"Now, boys, take a seat. Dinner'll be ready in just a sec." You quickly ran upstairs to put Harper's Five-seven in your weapons safe.

When you had arrived back downstairs, you had noticed that everyone had already began eating. 

"Really? Really, guys? You're going to start eating without me?" You groaned and took a seat next to David.

"I see nothing wrong with it.", your mother had chimed in.

"Of course you don't." You assembled your plate with the usual- slice of turkey, a couple of spoons of stuffing, mashed potatoes, and all those good things. 

.......

After your little quick and informal dinner, filled with laughs and talks about JSOC and work, you had stood at the doorway, about to say your goodbyes to your two companions. 

"So, you come to my house only to steal our food and leave?", you said with a light laugh.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks, [Name]." David said, elbowing Harper to do the same. 

"I was joking, but you're welcome. Really, you two are welcome to visit whenever you want- that is, the days we have off..."

He nodded, and he and Harper began to walk off to his car. On impulse, you had planted a quick kiss on his cheek and said, "You're more than welcome here." You ignored his dazed expression and said, "Goodnight to the two of you! Drive safe, and all that shit they say. I'll see you guys for training tomorrow."

Harper had stared at you with a rather confused look, seeming as if you had stoked a bit of his jealousy. You had closed the door before anything else had happened, and then turned to see your mother with a raised eyebrow.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" 

She crossed her arms, and you laughed.

"Oh, just a valediction."