Chapter nine

MARK'S POV

The results for entrance examination will be uploaded today on the school's website. The test was easy but still I want to be sure that I made in.

And most importantly I want to be sure that I have a date with Hae Ra. She agreed to it if only I score good marks. Everything depends on the result.

"Why is it taking so long?" Eomma was getting impatient by the second.
"It's been 2 minutes and 37 seconds Eomma." Rather than comforting her hyung was busy in the kitchen preparing for tonight's dinner.

*Ting tong*
"I'll see who it is." Appa went for the door.

"Anneyong Hae Ra!"
Hae Ra?! My eyes quickly shifted to the door and I saw her coming towards us.
"Hae Ra look at this laptop! Why is it taking so long?! Maybe he doesn't know anything about it. You give it a try!!" Eomma asked me to shift a little making some space for Hae Ra in between.

She sat and smiled at me.
"Eomouni..a lot of students must have logged in on this site that's why it's taking so long." She assured her.

"Why do they all have to open the site right now?!" Eomma got frustrated and left for the kitchen to help hyung.

"Minhyung is a genius unlike Taeyong. He will make it for sure." I could hear appa's voice from the kitchen. Maybe he wanted me to listen.

"WHY DO I GET DRAGGED IN YOUR CONVERSATION FOR NO REASON?! AND FYI I AM A GENIUS!"
Hyung was holding a spatula in his hand and waving it in front of app's face. He can be childish sometimes.

"TY is right. He is GENIUS IN BEING DUMB!" Hae Ra shouted for everyone to hear. Even eomma was smiling. Well atleast she calmed down a bit.

"Are you nervous?" Hae Ra asked me. Eyes still on the laptop.
"Neh. A little." I tried to hide the nervousness which was swallowing me.
"Nervous because you won't make it or nervous that I won't go out with you?"

I looked at her with widened eyes. Her eyes were as big as mine and she looked away.

"I ...mean..um..you don't have to be nervous. Like uncle said 'unlike TY you will surely make it'!" She imitated appa and fixed her eyes on the screen.

She probably said it out of the blue. Things again became awkward for us. We avoided eye contact and shifted on our seats every few seconds.

"Do you.."
"I was.."

We both said at the same time which only increased the awkwardness. Great timing Mark.

"Umm..you go first." I motioned for her to speak.

"Well..I was wondering-"

"It opened!" Eomma was standing behind us and looked at the screen. We all looked at the screen like our lives depended on it.

Well my life did.

"YOU MADE IT!" I stood up and eomma gave me a tight hug.

"Congratulations Mark!" Hae Ra stood in front of me.
"Gumawo." I smiled at her.

She opened her arms slowly for a hug. I leaned in for the hug too. She encircled her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest. Our bodies were pressed together.

I was frozen. This is not the way she hugs me. She will stand on her tip toes and would normally encircle her arms around my shoulders and gave me a light hug. This is so different. A good different.

"Aren't you going to hug me back?" She said softly. Enought to make my heart flutter for her. My arms were hanging in the air. I encircled my arms around her shoulders and lightly rested my head on hers.