Chapter Twenty-Five: Shopping...

• Dedicated to All my tree swinging monkeys >:)

Hello my monkey chums, here is chapter 25 :D. I would've uploaded it sooner, but I lost mah phone in a plane and my phone had the previous chapter on it. Well enjoy!

------------

I slumped down further in the chair as shoppers continued to walk through the mall. My feet we’re throbbing from the workout I had put them through. Sighing, I leaned further into the chair and drowned out passerby’s in the overcrowded mall. Joining my eyelids together, I stretched out my feet and smiled, satisfied with peaceful environment I had created for myself.

“Brooklyn,” the loud voice melted my peaceful mirage and earned me a slap back to reality.

Lazily opening my eyes, I gazed upwards to meet the annoyed expression of Cy-Cy.

“There’s no time to be slacking off! I found another shop for us to look through.”

A groan echoed through my body as I, somewhat, sat up in my chair and sent Cy-Cy one of my world class glares. “Cy-Cy, I don’t want to shop anymore! My feet hurt!”

“Oh stop whining you lazy-ass. You’re telling me you can play a full game of basketball, but you can’t even go shopping in a mall for clothes?”

“But Cy—“I continued, but she cut me off before I could continue complaining.

“Be quiet Brooklyn. I promise this is the last shop we’ll look through.”

Staring at her suspiciously, I accepted the sincerity in her face and stood up from the chair.

“Fine,” I complied, “but only since it’s the last store we’re going to.”

Cy-Cy squealed triumphantly before grabbing my hand and dragging me back towards what felt strangely like hell.

---------------

Four shops later, I was trekking slovenly behind Cy-Cy as we entered our fifth shop since she had made her promise. Abruptly, I stopped before I could enter the dress shop and crossed my arms with a grim frown set in stone on my face. Seeming to sense that I was no longer following her, she turned around. Taking in the frown on my face and recognizing my sour mood, the smile on her face quickly diminished.

“Brooklyn—“ this time it was my turn to caught her off.

“No Cy-Cy, I’m done. We’ve been to at least 8 shops and I’m tired. Not only that, but my feet have been talking to me in the past 3 shops. I absolutely refuse to enter that shop! Hell, I refuse to walk more than two steps if it isn’t leading towards the nearest direction!”

With a sad look sketched across her face, Cy-Cy reluctantly nodded her head and grabbed my hand.

“The nearest exit is in this shop,” she said glumly while gesturing at the shop we stood in front of.