Catch Me if You Can

I threw on some clothes and made a dash for my car with Dexter close on my heels.

"She's seventeen, where the hell would she have gone?"

"The mall? A friends house? The hell if I know! What do I do, Dexter?" I sobbed, semi-hysterical. Awful as she was, she was still my sister.

"We'll drive around and look for her, the three of us," he said as Sam locked up the house and ran to us.

"Okay, the three of us separately would be more productive." I slid into my car and watched as Sam did as well. The sky was overcast and gray clouds hung low above us.

"I'm not letting you drive alone in this weather, Reece," Dexter said opening my door.

"Dex, please," I pleaded, "It's the best option we have. I need to find her soon." He watched my face a moment and then agreed, leaning down to hold my chin in his fingers and kiss me hard on the mouth.

"Drive safely, I love you." And with that, he was gone. Despite everything, I had the sick feeling that this was goodbye.

I drove around for nearly half an hour, scanning the nearly empty streets for signs of my blond sister. I checked her favorite stores and the homes of some of her friends.

The steady stab in my heart was increasing in pressure and I could feel the tears rising again. My parents would never forgive me if something happened to her and I would never forgive myself.

I pulled over to the side and banged a fist on the steering wheel, frustrated. I looted around for my phone and swore angrily when I realized I didn't even have it. Who knew where Sam and Dexter were, or if they had found Camilla.

I turned the car around and headed back to Dexters house, prepared to call 911 and report a missing person if she wasn't there.

The rain started as a drizzle, then, and in a matter of minutes there was a crazy down pour that threatened to shatter my windshield.

I drove slowly, my heart thumping and eyes scanning for cars as I crossed the intersection. Lightning flashed across the sky, followed by a crack of thunder.

I whimpered.

Thunder scared me. I admit it.

After another fifteen minutes of painstakingly slow driving and nervously checking the roads for cars, pedestrians, and my sister, I finally pulled into the Moore's driveway.

My heart sped up a little at the sight of Dexters car parked in the driveway already, and the thought of him having found Camilla. But where was Sam, then?

I ran as fast as I could through the torrential downpour, and by the time I reached the door and stumbled inside, I was sopping wet, my hair dripping down onto the wood floors.

I could see the hallways light on upstairs so I trudged up the stairs as fast as my wet jeans would permit and gently pushed open the door to my bedroom, flicking on the light as I did.

My heart stopped and my head reeled.

There was Camilla. Wearing a lacy bra and panties, smirking at me while Dexter scrambled to redo the buttons on his shirt and zip up his pants. My lip trembled, and once again the tears returned.

"Reece, I swear it's not what it looks like," he begged, reaching for me. I took a step back, disgusted.

"Really? Because it looks like you sent me out on a wild goose chase in this mad storm just so you could sleep my with sister!!"

"No! Reece, please that's not what happened, she tricked me!"

"Save it for someone who cares, Dexter. We're done."

Before we even started, I thought to myself, and then stormed out of the house.