Part 1

I stood in the middle of the ring ready to face my opponent she was tough but I knew I was just as tough she was small but she could beat me in a matter of seconds if I didn't time her movement's just right I would be out just like that. The bell run signaling the match was starting, she sat and waited for me to make the first move, but I wouldn't because that's exactly what she wants so she can pummel me into a pulp. I felt a gush of air pass my face her plan failed and mine was being put into motion, I took my left hand and punched her square in the jaw then in the nose, there was blood dripping down her face from her nose but that didn't stop her from proceeding towards me in an attempt to corner me, but I was too smart for her childish antics instead, I ducked right under her arm that was coming to punch me in the face and whipped round her and kicked her in the back, she was out! I had won my first match! All these weeks of brutal training I finally won! The confetti came down around me as my coach picked me up and spun me round in the air while he congratulated me in my victory and how proud he was of me that I finally did it.

I left the gym that night the cool air cooled me off instantly. I walked alone in the dark every little noise scared me I felt like someone was following me, it wouldn't be out of the normal since we were in the shabby older parts of town, but no matter if it was normal or not it was still giving me the chills. I walked faster as I heard the crunch of leaves under someone's foot that defiantly not my feet. "Hey Rylie" my heart rate quickened at the unfamiliar voice that sent chills down my back how did this man know my name? Was I in trouble? Should I run? "Rylie" They said yet again but I wasn't answering instead I kept walking faster and faster till I heard the footsteps behind me getting quicker along with my pace. Finally I broke out into a full sprint, running as fast as I could down the dimly lit street 'Just a few more blocks' I thought to myself as I ran faster and faster the footsteps behind me were getting weaker and weaker as my pace didn't let up.

I finally reached my small apartment after running for three blocks; my heart rate didn't slow the entire time. I didn't feel safe even as I'm sitting on my little couch with all the doors locked and the windows shut I felt terrified that whoever was talking to me followed me to my apartment and was patiently waiting for me to leave my cozy little apartment for them to attack me.

I sat on the couch and watched T.V in silence till a knock on the door came making my breathing stop. I shut the T.V off along with the lights; I gripped my phone in my hand while the knocking was still going, 'what do I do?' I thought to myself, do I call the cops? Do I call Sean? I don't know what to do. The knocking continued forever it felt like till all the sudden it stopped... then the door knob started to turn and rattle vigorously, it wouldn't stop someone was trying to get in, someone was trying to hurt me, but why? I never hurt anybody I'm just a small town girl from California who is trying to make a living being a boxing trainer and doing matches I've never done anything to anybody, so why was someone trying to get into my apartment and hurt me?

"Rylie open the door." The man's voice rang through the door terrifying me even more then I already was. I pulled up Sean's number and text him

"SOS!!" No reply... nothing for at least twenty minutes

"On my way" my heart rate sped up dramatically as I heard a crack in my door, what if I was going to die tonight? What if I get kidnapped? All these thoughts ran through my mind while I felt tears trailing down my face I didn't even know I was crying. I cried for a few minutes, hours it felt like until the rattling of the door knob stopped but I knew this person wasn't through, there was kicking at my door now he was trying to kick my door in. "Hello Rylie." Next thing I know the room is black.

I wake up on the cold hard floor my surroundings are unfamiliar and my head kills, where am I?

"Hello Rylie."

"W-who are you? And why am I here?"

"Who I am not important and neither is the why you're here."

My head was pounding and I was so weak I could barely move, every time I tried to move I would fall back over finally I just gave up and laid there in the cold "I'm starving." My captor whipped round to face me and just shook his head "If I'm going to be here for awhile I at least deserve food." Nothing not a single word no chuckle nothing he just stood there with his back facing me.

I sat against the wall (that being the only thing I could do) my stomach kept on grumbling at me, I was so hungry and so tired. How did I know I was going to get kidnapped? I mean it's not every day that something like this happens, but why did it happen to me? I was just a small town girl from California who made the mistake of moving to New York I've had nothing but problems since I moved here, but this by far is the worst thing that has happened to me.

It's been hours since I've last ate I'm tired and weak, but I'm too scared to go to sleep afraid something worse will happen to me if I do sleep so I'm forcing myself to stay awake. I sit against the wall and chew on my nails (I really need to quit this it's a filthy habit) My eyes feel so heavy like I'm about to collapse right now from exhaustion till I'm snapped out of my wary state by a phone ringing, wait a minute, that's my phone! I could recognize the ringtone from anywhere! My captor snatches my phone out of my hand to answer it himself.

"Hello?"

I can't hear anything on the other end but I need to know who is calling I didn't even have time to look at the ID before he took it from me.

"Let me put you on speaker Sean"

My breathing stopped my heart beat could be heard in my ears my tongue went dry and my eyes were probably huge as I followed the man in front of me's ever movement as he paced back and forth and messed with his slick black hair.

"Talk," Was all he said before he set the phone down on the table.

"Rylie, where are you?!"

"Sean I-"

"Listen here Sean either you bring me the money I want or else your pretty little girlfriend here won't be alive much longer."

"H-how much do you want?"

"Three thousand dollars in two weeks is your deadline, goodbye Sean be smart and get me my money."

My heartbeat was faster than before my vision was fuzzy and I couldn't hear anything except my heart beat in my ears.

"Why did you say three thousand dollars? I'm not worth that much"

"You'd be surprised how much you're worth darling."

The room was quiet for a few minutes, why was I worth three thousand dollars?! I'm not famous I'm not that important of a person in society I'm just Rylie Briggs your average everyday twenty year-old trying to make a living boxing and training people, so why was I worth so much money?

"What's your name?"

"I told you it's not important."

"But it is if I'm going to be with you for however long I'm going to be here I have the right to know who you are."

"My name is Jim."

"Jim?"

"You don't need to know more than that."

"Well Jim do I get any food or are you starving me?"

He turned to face me and shook his head taking a few steps toward me and kneeling down in front of me his lips were pulled into a smirk then his face hardened

"You don't understand it do you? You're my hostage I can do whatever I want to you and you have to do it, do you understand that?"

I nodded slowly as he got up and walked back to the table and took a seat and just stared at me with his creepy smirk on his face when he threw a bag of chips at me, it's not much but hey its food and right now I really need it. I polished off the bag of chips and suddenly felt very tired, I lay down on the cold floor on my jacket and fell asleep.