six

A/N: Chapter six is right here for all of you. Thanks for being so patient for updates! Keep commenting, voting, and sharing this story with all your friends. (: Once again, chapters are shorter so there are more in this story! I'll update again in a few days or so, or even faster. (; x

Julissa

"So, uh..how old are you?" Niall asked, putting in effort to start some sort of conversation with me as we searched the dark house for my family.

"I'm seventeen," I replied, cautiously opening the door to my father's office in hopes of finding someone; but to my disappointment, it was empty. "What about you?"

After talking with Niall for awhile and learning more about him, I concluded that he really was as innocent as he claimed, and he wasn't out to murder anyone tonight. He was just a normal person who happened to be someone who a pack of psychos wanted to get their revenge out on.

He's also really nice, and in a way reminded me of Tyler. I didn't want to admit it, but Niall seemed to be just as sweet as Tyler, and maybe even sweeter.

I honestly regret my harsh and negative attitude towards him when I first met him. But who could blame me? Any other person would have been the same way if someone they had never seen before got into their house during such a terrible event like this.

"I just turned twenty a little bit ago," he said, opening the door to the room across from my father's office and peeking inside.

I sighed, water forming in my eyes.

He just turned twenty. That's how old Tyler was.

"Julissa? Are you okay? You look a little pale," Niall asked, looking at me worriedly.

I nodded at first but quickly changed my mind and shook my head, my vision going blurry and my head beginning to pound. "I feel like I'm about to faint," I muttered, just as I felt myself falling and a pair of arms caught me, the world fading into black.

Niall

Julissa's eyes rolled into the back of head as her legs collapsed from under her and she fell. I caught her in my arms just in time, stopping her from hitting the ground.

"Julissa, can you hear me?"

I put a hand on the side of her cheek, seeing if she'd react to my touch. Her eyelids slightly moved, but she didn't wake up. She was alive though, and that's all that mattered.

I wonder why she fainted. It seemed like my words caught her off guard or reminded her of something, and it was all too much for her at the time.

I was looking down at her peaceful facial expression when the creaking of the hardwood floor captured my attention, and I immediately looked up at where the noise had came from. My eyes went wide when they locked with another pair that was cold and protective.

Julissa's father.

I gulped as he looked over at me and then at his daughter, before pulling out the gun that he had earlier out from his pocket. My heart sped up inside of my chest as he cocked it back, glaring at me.

"Get away from my daughter right fucking now," he demanded, pausing after every word he spoke to ensure that his idea came across.

"Sir, please give me a chance to explain myself. I'm not here for the reason that you think I am-" I tried to show my innocence, but he cut me off before I could say any more.

"I don't care what your reason is to be here, now get the hell away from my daughter. I swear to god if you don't, I won't hesitate to pull this trigger," he warned, his words causing my throat to go insanely dry.

I let out a breath and slowly set Julissa down on the hardwood floor, backing away from her one step at a time. I put my hands up in the air as I did so, praying at the same time that he didn't shoot.

"O-okay, alright."

"What did you do to her?" he asked harshly, the gun still pointed towards me as he spoke.

I shook my head frantically, desperate for him to believe my statements. "No, sir, I didn't do anything to her! I swear. We were talking and she just fainted!"

He scoffed, "I'm not playing games. You tell me what you did to my daughter, or I will shoot you."

"I already told you-"

The sound of the gun cocking made my stomach drop, my words suddenly coming to a halt.

"That's it," he mumbled, getting ready to shoot me.

I threw my hands up over my face, trying to give myself some sort of protection. I closed my eyes tight, not wanting to see what was going to take place in the next seconds.

Just as he was about to pull the trigger a loud ring echoed throughout the house, freezing us in place, followed by the one voice that could make shivers roll down my spine speaking into the intercom that was outside.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Marano. I'm sorry to bother you on this national event, but I have a little problem. You see, my friends and I were trying to purge, when our target was taken into the safety of your home; well, that's what your fellow neighbors have informed us. So, all we ask of you is to hand over the lad, so we can follow through with our plan. If you do not return him within the next hour or so, then we'll just have to come inside and receive him ourselves. Not only that, but since we'd have had to put in a lot of our effort and time to do that, we'll take your lives as well."