four

A/N: Thank you for all of the comments and votes that I got on the last chapter; you guys are absolutely perf. :* Literally. Oh, I hope you guys like this chapter as well! We're really starting to get started now.(;

Julissa

I sniffled and wiped my wet cheeks, bringing my palm over Tyler's face and blandly closing his eyelids so that I wouldn't have to see his lifeless brown eyes staring back at me.

I choked back a sob, not able to believe anything that had just happened. Everything arose so quickly and unexpected, and now Tyler's dead. He's gone, and he's never coming back. And what's even harder to believe is that my own father was the one that killed him.

I brought my gaze back down to his lifeless and cold body, his bloody hand still lightly gripping onto my own.

My eyes began to water at the thought of him doing what he did so that we could actually be together. All he wanted was for us to be able to show the world that we were taken, and now look at where he is.

I sat in the same position for what seemed like decades, before the entire room suddenly went black, making me scream.

What was happening now? Why did the power go out?

My entire room was now pitch black, along with the hallway, and I assumed the rest of the house was like that too.

I took a shaky breath and moved Tyler's corpse off of me, allowing me to move. I slowly stood up to my feet and took a step, nearly tripping over Tyler's body that was still lying limp on the ground. Luckily, I caught myself before I could actually fall.

God, I really need a flashlight. Otherwise, I'm not going to be able to get anywhere.

I stumbled across the room until I hit a wall, and I put my hands against it to help me find my way towards my closet. I found the closet door in a minute or two, and somehow was able to get ahold of the flashlight my father had given me a few months ago for emergencies.

I shakily took it in my hands and found the switch, turning on the bright light.

I bit my lip nervously and moved the light around the bedroom, stopping it when I found the doorway and the dark hall a few feet ahead of me.

I took a deep breath and began making my way into the hall, my heart racing inside of my chest due to the fear I was feeling and all of the questions swarming around in my brain.

Did someone break into our house? Why were the lights out? Was everyone okay? Where was Maddie?

"Mom? Dad?" I called out quietly, hoping that I'd find somebody so that I wouldn't be alone. "Maddie?"

I was about to check Maddie's bedroom to see if anyone was in there, when I suddenly bumped into someone's chest.

I lost my balance and stumbled backwards, and shone the flashlight towards the figure, an ear-splitting screech immediately leaving my chapped lips.

Niall

I panted and brought my hands to my knees, trying to steady my breathing. My heart was still thumping against my chest, and beads of sweat were on my palms. My body was still shaking from my close encounter with death as well.

"Are you alright, mister?"

My head shot up to see the young girl who had opened up the door for me standing a couple feet away, a worried expression on her tiny face. Her hazel eyes were big and watery, and her dark brown hair was in low pigtails.

It was obvious that she knew very little of what dangers were out there during this time of the year, and that she never experienced or witnessed any of the tragedies that came with this night.

"Yeah..I am now. Thank you for letting me in," I thanked her softly, giving her a sad smile. "What's your name, hun?"

"Maddie," she answered, taking a small step forward. "What's yours?"

"I'm Niall."

"Why were you screaming for help?" she questioned suddenly, taking me by surprise.

I opened my mouth to say something back, but was cut off by someone's abrupt shouts coming towards where we were.

"Maddie! Where are you? And why did you open up the doors? You could've let someone in-" an elder man, whom I'm guessing was the young girl's father, scolded, his words stopping short as he came into the garage and his eyes landed on me.

I wanted to say something, to defend myself even, but I was too in shock that I couldn't find the ability to say anything.

"Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my house?" the man yelled at me, lifting his right hand up in the air to reveal a weapon- a gun.

My first thought was to tell him that I was innocent and didn't want to harm anyone in any way, but instead I chose my second instinct. My eyes darted towards the garage door, which also lead to the rest of the house, and I ran. I ran further into the building and away from the man, who was shouting at me to come back and give him an explanation. But I couldn't.

What if he didn't believe me and thought I was here to murder one of them?

What if he killed me?

I ignored his shouts and ran up the first flight of stairs that I saw, wanting to find somewhere safe where I could figure out a plan, and hopefully figure out a way to get him to listen to me without stabbing me with a knife.

Just as I made it up the stairs, all of the lights in the house went out, making it pitch black. Great. This is just great.

How am I supposed to find someplace safe to plan now? I don't even know where the fuck I am!

I cursed under my breath and continued down the black hallway, almost tripping over my own feet a few times before I reached another hall.

I slowly turned and almost instantly slammed into someone, causing them to shuffle backwards.

I couldn't even blink before a blinding light filled my vision, and a girly scream echoed throughout the silence.