:Waist-Deep in Walmart: Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

            "How?"

            "Food. Watch. Hey, Julius?"

            "Hmm?"

            "You know, my mom's been teaching me how to cook..."

            Perking up, he stared at me. "Really?"

            I nodded. "Yep. She says what I cook tastes exactly how hers tastes."

            "You're kidding."

            "I am not. So if you're nice, maybe I'll cook for you."

            If Julius was a dog, his tail would be wagging fifty times a second by now. "Really? I'll ne nice! I'll be nice!"

             Anthony gave me an impressed look as I smirked smugly. "Sure thing, Juju."

            "I've just got one request."

            "What's that?" Anthony asked.

            Julius gave him a serious look. "Ellie is like a little sister to me. I don't want to go to bed, and hear you to banging each other in the next room."

My cheeks blossomed red at his comment. "J-Julius!"

"What? I know you two our sexually active. I'm not stupid."

            I glanced at Anthony, and was shocked to see he seemed a little proud. "Anthony! What's that look for?"

            "What look?" he said innocently.

            "You know what look!"

            He grinned. "No I don't."

            "I'll try to go out on some nights," Julius continued, shoving his hands into his pockets, "that way you can have your private time. But, you know, be safe."

            "Oh God," I groaned. I so did not want to have this conversation with Julius.

            "I'd rather, you know, go out and get you guys... things... than have Ellie become pregnant."

            "Julius!" I cried.

            He blinked at me. "What?"

            "Just... stop! Stop."

            "What, are you embarrassed?" he inquired, grinning maliciously.

            "Yes!" I told him.

            Anthony chuckled, putting his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry, Ellie. It's a natural thing."

            "Guys, really," I pleaded. "Stop talking about this."

            Julius nodded. "Alright, alright. As long as you promise to not annoy the neighbors when I'm gone."

            I slapped myself on the forehead. "I hate my life."

            Laughing, Julius headed into the kitchen. "I'll make lunch. You two bring in the rest of the stuff from my car."

            "I'm helping Ellie with her stuff," Anthony called back to him. "Do it yourself."

            "Ellie's a big girl. She can handle her own stuff."

            "Yeah, I can," I told Anthony. "Just appease Julius so he stays quiet."