Chapter 22

This chapter is dedicated to graphicsbyanonymous I really love the book covers you made me. Thanks

Alex's POV

"Over here...over here" a girl shouted from the basketball court, she was trying to get the basketball from a team mate. Kim and Emma were trying their best to defend their team.

I sat quietly with a can of soda in my hand, Kent was there beside me but it was hard to talk to him even though he won't stop acting all silly. I didn't want anyone thinking I was going out of my mind so I only smiled and nodded whenever he said something.

"Will you keep smiling or do you want me to spill that soda on you?" He asked in a mean tone but I didn't say anything, instead I just took a sip from the soda can.

I looked at him with a frown on my face because that was really mean of him to think he would spill my soda on me and make me look stupid. But at the same time, I thought it was a good thing to hear him talk to me.

The annoying Kent was back and it somehow made me happy.

He had been all moody ever since the night he saw Tia with his best friend Leon Kissing at the park and I had tried my best to be there for him. I sometimes try to make him laugh but he wouldn't just find anything funny. But I guess he was over that night and back to being the annoying and arrogant Kent that I had always known.

I wished that I could skip the game and just be with him but I couldn't do that to Emma and Kim. They had always been there for me and it would be so unfair if I missed the game.

"Bring out your phone and pretend you're making a call" Kent said.

I looked at him with amusement, and wondered how the idea just popped into his head. Why haven't I ever thought of that?.

I did just exactly what he said, I brought out my phone and place it close to my ear.

"So you're back from space uh?" I asked knowing all the attitude he had been putting up since that night. I missed him.

"Tell me you're not happy and I would gladly move back there" he said

"Go ahead, but let me know whenever you're coming back so I can plan a welcome party"

"I know you didn't mean that" he sneered.

"Of course, I do" I replied. He must really think he was that special to me.

"Uhmm" he mouthed "...and I know you missed me"

"No, I don't" I lied.

"Yes, you do"

"No"

"Yes"

Ughhh I groaned. Are we starting this again? Arguing over stupid stuffs. It was beginning to become a norm for him and I sort of liked it.

"No" I bellowed, almost yelling.

"Hey" A voice said behind. I recognised that voice, I would recognize the voice even in my dreams. It was Bryce. I smiled and looked up to see Bryce standing right next to me in his red jacket which was hugging his huge body so tight.

"Hi" I said, still holding my phone to my ear.

"I hope I'm not interrupting your phone call?" He asked as he smiled. His smile was like the most charming and enchanting smile ever.

"Uhm..no" I hurriedly took away my phone from my ear and kept it in my bag.

"Is the sit taken?" He pointed to the seat next to me but on my left side. Well, thank goodness he wasn't asking about Kent's sit, I would have freaked out and probably wouldn't know what to say.

"No, not at all. You can have your sit" I replied.

"Thanks" he said and sat down.

"Of all places in here, why did he choose to sit beside you?" Kent said and I totally ignored him. I smiled at him and pretended to be concentrating on the game

"Are you enjoying the game?" Bryce asked. I could perceive the sweet smell of his vanilla cologne. It still somehow made me uncomfortable because I wouldn't have time to talk to Kent anymore.

"Yeah" I said and smirked.

"But your face says otherwise"

"It does?" I bit my lower lip and shyly looked away. Was it obvious that I wasn't comfortable or could he actually read minds? Did he figured out that I wanted to skip the game and leave with Kent?

"Yea"

"I'm actually enjoying the game" I said and gave a broad smile. I could feel Kent's eyes on us, he was probably thinking of a million ways to murder Bryce, I just didn't know why Bryce seemed like a threat to him. I didn't know why he hated him so much.

"I still don't...."

"Hey Bryce" A voice interrupted before Kent could finish talking. We both looked up, a girl was standing in front of Bryce and was really blushing. She slightly pushed her waist to the side in her short cheer leading skirt. The wind swept her brown hair over her face and she gently tucked her hair behind her ear

"Hey" Bryce replied as he gently massage the back of his neck with his hand. With the look on his face, he didn't really look pleased to see her.

"Doesn't the game seems boring from this side of court? Why not come sit with me and my friends" She said as her gaze rose and stared at me, her face distorted into a guise of venom as her lips frizzed into a muss. Her eyes became beams of envy and she glared at me with all her will, silently willing the devil himself will take me to the underworld and torment me.

Did I do something wrong? I wondered. Why did she had to look at me like that, like I was stealing her breathe.

She scowled at me but only tried to smile when her eyes met with Bryces'

"I think I'm cool here" Bryce replied

Ouch! I mumbled under my breath. I wished I could yell that out loud to her but I wouldn't want to do that because, it was obvious she felt like tearing me apart. So I just feigned to clear my throat instead.

"Oh!" She gave a startled exclamation. Alright then, no problem. I'll see you around, I guess" She said

"Sure" Bryce replied with a smirk

"Alright" She said and smile. She blew him a kiss before walking away to sit with her friends.

All I could do was stare in disbelief. I couldn't believe my eyes. All the cheer leaders in the school would hit on any cute boy at any chance they got. Tia did hers with Kent's best friend and another girl from the clique was hitting on the new guy. What on earth is going on with them?

I rolled my eyes and I caught Bryce eyes on me. What was he looking at?. I smiled and looked away, pretending to be enjoying the game. I've had enough awkward moment, a ghost wouldn't stop being mean to me, a cheerleader just gave me a death stare and the new guy wouldn't stop looking at me.

I had had enough of everyone and I just want the game to be over.

I sighed.

What do you think?

If there's anything you want me to change, don't hesitate to let me know

Don't forget to like

Thanks for reading