Prologue

This is a retelling of the Japanese anime series Vampire Knight. Copyright goes to the creators of Vampire Knight, including dialog however copyright such as description goes to me. I hope you like it. 

I have changed some of the character names to sound more english for example Yuki Cross/Kuran (Japanese) is now Lucia Cross/Kuran. Okay? I have also done this to other charactors. If his retelling causes any copyright issues to occur, for any reason. I will delete it if need be. For now though enjoy.

_____________________________________________________________________________

                                                      Vampire Knight

                                                     Lucia Cross - 2002

It’s cold.

The moon drowsed between the trees like a great resplendent moth, a tempest of snow-flakes ran in the current of winter and tenuous trees whispered in the wind.

Pure white snow.

A cover of snow, a sheeted ghost consuming withering undergrowth of puncture vines and inert grass. A fake mirage; reality, dimly seen but unforgettable.

What is ‘pure white’?

Snow, the picture of innocence laying softly onto my hands. My hands covered in thick gloves, with my frail fingers swallowed up.

It is, something that’s not red.

Myself as a small child, brunet hair like the pine-trees of spring, Wide fawn eyes like two twin stars shining, Yet lonely like the last cloud of an expiring storm.

What is something red?

A single man lonely like myself came slowly out the shadows like a finger of a clock, his attire was a dark cloak effected none the less by the continuing howls of frost and snow.

“Are you lost, little girl?” The shadowy face asked, his voice spoke hungrily with a crazed smile.

That is

“May I, suck your blood?” The stranger continued with crimson eyes narrowing, an icy wave swept around the shore of a limitless sea of snow.

The ones who suck people lifeblood. Beasts who take on a human shape. 

The obscure man reached out for me, a pallid hand steady. I stepped away from his grip, struck with an intense fear, her mind playing with the hundreds of possibilities that could yet to come. My welled feet weighed me down as I stumbled backwards onto the soft landscape of a nightmare. The stranger sucked in a hoarse breath, opening the crevice of his mouth revealing two pointed fangs. Slender and tenacious as a silver blade. One of the man’s hands latched onto my face, the other on my shoulder.

“N-No!” I screamed, my eyes opened wide in fear. What I saw in front of me was a dominant part of a monster, a person inside battling with a disease. A disease that was driven right down into his body, blood lust a temptation, a misconception of what was in fact a monster.

That is.

Suddenly, like death, a man wind-blown slipped into the scene. His scarf fluent like a rill,  streamed through the blast taking a punch to the strangers head, right through his skull.

Red stained white.

Blood, crimson with guilt ran down his arms like roots as my saviour wretched his hand from the strangers skull.

“You’re a disgrace to all vampires.” He spat, gazing at the blood on his hands, black waves of hairs brushed his handsome aristocratic face. As his red eyes burned with disgust. My saviour clenched his hand turning to me, whilst his eyes softened.

A vampire. People must not go near vampires.

“Are you okay?” My saviour asked bending down to give me a bloody hand. I reached out.

If they go near them, you will be captured by those eyes.

_______________________________________________________________________________

This is a short prologue, comment if you like. :)