Hurts Like Hell

"What did you do Sam?!" I was still standing frozen at the bottom of the steps, awestruck at the fact that Sam had just conjured up a demon. The one thing we have devoted our lives to hunting. And he brought one into the safehouse!

"Melanie hear her out. Ruby can help us save Dean."

"She's a demon Sam! Why can't you see that?! Everything she says is a lie." I focused my attention on the blonde demon standing on the other side of Sam. She just gave me a smirk before speaking.

"Why don't you run back on upstairs and let the grownups talk sweetheart."

Sam held me back as I began charging at her. Just as I was about to retort she spoke again, "Sam can save Dean, but only I can show him how."

I stopped struggling as soon as I heard a voice speak up from the shadows behind Ruby.

"So, that's you, huh? Our slutty little yoda."

Ruby turned to face Dean as he stepped out, "Dean, charming as ever."

Dean began walking out of the shadows, "Oh, I knew you'd show up, cause I knew Sam wouldn't listen! That's why I sent Melanie down here first to try and talk some sense into him. But, from the looks of it, it was too late." Sam's face dropped slightly, but he maintained his tough ridged composure.

Dean continued, "But you're not gonna teach him anything. You understand me? Over my dead body."

I managed to free myself from Sam's grip as Ruby scoffed. 

"Oh. Well, you're right about that."

Something about her demeanor made my blood boil. Maybe it was her arrogant bitchy attitude or it was the fact that she was going to get both of the boys killed with her plan. But, I'm just going to chalk it all up to the fact that she was a fucking demon. 

"What you are gonna do is give me that knife."

Knife? What the hell was Dean talking about?

"Then you can go crawl back into whatever slop you came from and never us again."

I took that moment to get Dean's attention. 

"Knife? What knife?"

"Oh, Sammy didn't mention it?" Dean now turned his anger onto his brother. 

"Ruby has this magical knife that can kill demons."

My mouth hit the floor. 

"What?! And you failed to mention this?"

Sam now turned to me, "Sorry I was a little busy trying to think of a way to get my brother out of his contract."

"No, what you were doing, Sam, was lying to me."

I let the hurt come through those words and I could tell Sam got the message. But before he could open his mouth to speak once more, Ruby cut in. 

"I'm sorry. But who is this child and why is she still here?"

My face turned to stone as I addressed the demon. 

"I'm sorry we weren't properly introduced. My name is Melanie Walker and I'm the hunter who is about to send your ass back to hell." 

Pulling my pistol from my waistband, I took aim at Ruby's little blonde head. Dean quickly swiped my gun away. Ruby ignored my threats and continued. 

"Sam here is carrying a bomb inside him, and we would be stupid not to use it."

Sam spoke up trying to diffuse the tension like the peacekeeper he was. 

"Dean, Mel, look, just hold on--"