Chapter 2

.:Angie's POV:.

"Hey, sweetcheeks?" My customer whistled for me. "I'm ready to order!"

Glancing over at Linda, she gave me a weak smile and squeezed my arm reassuringly. Knowing that Marcus wasn't ready, he just wanted to flirt a little more. Sighing, I pushed off the wall by the kitchen and made my way over to him, forcing down the vomit that ached to come up when his eyes watched every moved I made towards him.

"What would you like, Marcus?" I asked him, pulling out my notepad.

He smirked, leaning his elbows on the table. "Mm, I would like some eggs with home fries, and an order of you to take home with me for later." He winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Marcus, for the millionth time, I am not interested in you. I have a son to support. Not you or your drug habits."

Marcus held up his hands. "Hey, baby. No need to get fiesty."

"I'm being serious." I told him. "I'll put your order in."

Walking away from him, I knew he was watching me. I could feel his green eyes on my back. Linda rubbed my back as I stood beside her.

"It'll be okay, mama." She soothed. "He's just some idiot."

"I think being called an idiot is too kind of a word for him." I grumbled out. "It's the same thing all the time."

"I know it is. I wish there was something I could do to help." She frowned. "But I'm pushing 35 here, my right hook ain't as good as it used to be." She shook her right fist. "I mean, I could kick some petty little bitches ass any day, but a man? That train is long gone. I remember when my husband," Linda shook her head, getting heated from memories of her ex-husband.

I giggled. "Lynn, calm down. I'm not asking you to fight anyone."

"Sweetie, just know that if it comes to it, I know some guys and I can promise you," Linda glared in Marcus's direction.

Shaking my head. "Linda, please. I don't want any trouble. It's all fine. I'm just being a baby. I didn't sleep to well last night. I was up all night helping Gabriel with his history project."

Linda smiled. "How is Gabriel doing? I haven't seen him in forever."

I smiled, nodding. "He's doing just fine. He's had better days. I guess since he's getting older, he's realizing that he can't do some things that some of his school friends can do. Like, run around and play baseball or any other sport. He hates his wheelchair more and more every day."

Linda frowned. "Awe, the poor boy. But that wheelchair makes him more special. He's one incredible boy, has a heart of gold like his father."

I smiled, fighting back the tears. "Yeah, Sean and him are twins. It's just going to take Gabriel time to accept the fact that this is him. We have to make what we have work. He's been bugging for this guitar for his birthday besides those concert tickets, and I'm trying so hard to get the cash for it but the damn thing is almost a grand!"

Linda whistled. "Just for a guitar? That's crazy, Mama."

"Who are you tellin'? But it's the least I can do. I'm trying to find side jobs so I can afford it but it's hard to find a job anymore."

"Linda, table ten." Rick walked by, heading back into the kitchen.

Linda looked over at her table, grabbing quite a few menus. "I'll be back, sweetie. Hold onto that thought."

Watching as Linda walked over to her table, I could barely make out what her customers looked like. They weren't our regulars, that's for sure.