The House's Final Victim

It's time we brought this story to a close.

Chapter 6: The House's Final Victim

The light peering through the windows was blood-red sunset. It gave Ellen in Viola's body an eerie look. The very same as on that night, when she gave her former body a Throat-Burning Acid. When she gouged out her eyes and cut off her legs. This was the third time Ellen followed this passage in Viola's body. It would surely be the last time. She opened the door to her room. The scent of rotting blood hit her nose. She stepped inside.

Her books of spells were torn to pieces, her dresses were burned, the diary on her desk had a knife through it, and her bed had dyed completely red. Her former body stood there, eye sockets bleeding. It seems Viola had sewn the legs back on with stitches, but they were red and purple, and the only reason they were standing was because of Viola's inability to feel any other pain. The two places where Viola was shot by the gun were sewn as well. Ellen saw the squished golden eyes still flat on the floor. Viola was in a worse state than death, for sure. She limped toward Ellen. "Your chance to escape... was when you escaped the dungeon." Her voice was still hoarse from the acid, albeit the throat had recovered somewhat. "If you still think... you can tell me to leave... you're foolish."

Ellen didn't let fear get to her. She spoke coolly. "My whole time I was here, I was seeing your memories. Every wonderful moment we shared. You still see my memories, too... don't you?"

"Of course... and I know how foolish I was for trusting you. You killed hundreds of innocent people... including my mother. Everybody in your eyes is a tool. If a tool doesn't work... you trash it. Should I be proud to be the only tool you deemed useful? You were a liar, Ellen. A godforsaken monster who was never worth saving. YOU killed your own parents... you signed your life to that demon. You had eternal life. Your disease could never kill you. Tell me... after every time I went home, did you not lay on your bed and laugh? Laugh over how much I cared about someone who was never in danger?"

"Hmph... I guess you don't have access to my memories. Or you're just choosing to ignore them. You really aren't the best Witch."

Viola smacked Ellen to the floor, panting heavily with anger. Ellen wiped the blood off her cheek and stood up. "Every day that you came over were the best times of my life." Ellen stated. "I've never gotten to know anyone like you, any friend like you. My entire life, all I wanted were people that cared about me enough to do... anything. But you know why, don't you. Why I didn't kill you back then. Why I enjoyed every minute of our friendship. Because you were my ticket out of this place. It's true, Viola. My definition of a friend is someone who would get me whatever I wanted. Somebody so kind, and gullible as you... it was too easy."

"UUUEEEEEH!" Viola growled, shaking the house with her rising magic power. She was ready to kill Ellen any second. "And yet, if you had actually told me what you were planning to do... I might have agreed to it. Every day that I saw you, rasping with pain, I felt bad about myself. I truly wanted to understand your pain, no matter the cost. And during that time, when I was trying to keep you inside the house... I thought to myself. I understood why you did all of this. Because all you wanted was a family... friends... people that loved you. I would have been glad to give you everything I owned. But then I learned you were a monster. Seeing all of your memories, I knew you would abuse all the people I cared about, too. I despaired so much when my father pulled the trigger, because I could never stop you. Then... the moment I was revived... I had my chance. I would do what you did to me: use your own friends as tools, so you would surrender."

"Mm hm- ah ha- ah HA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Ellen laughed hysterically. "You were afraid I would abuse all of YOUR old friends?! Did you not just hear yourself, Viola? YOU abused all of them! We were living and playing happily until you sought revenge! You said it yourself, you would've agreed to let me keep everything! I had your father kill you so I could END the pain of my body. I had no intention at all to hurt any of them. So why, Viola... why are you upset?"