Chapter 21

"The more you love, the more love you have to give. It's the only feeling we have which is infinite..."
-Christina Westover

This chapter is dedicated to sanchahal

It was a cold night, though not too cold but cold enough to make you want a warm hug. After another day of reading to Kent on the hospital bed for few hours, I was walking down the park close to home with Kent. I had somehow made it my hobby or should I say my duty to check on the 'real Kent' in the hospital and every time I went there, I just didn't want to leave.

I knew my mom would be so worried since my phone was dead, but I really wasn't in a rush to go home. I had Kent by my side and I just loved how the evening was going with him.

"You know, I like to come here mostly evening all by myself to just get things off my mind" I said

"That's nice" Kent replied with a smirk.

"It's always so cool and I feel relaxed whenever I do it" I smiled as I rubbed my hands together, hoping to keep them warm.

"That's nice" Kent frowned at me for a moment , giving me that weird questioning look.

I smiled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Well...hmm....are you cold?" Kent asked.

"No...not really" I folded her arms, hoping to shield my body from the cold.

"I wish I could give you my jacket and keep you warm right now" Kent said and I frowned at him. Was he really pulling my legs? The Kent that I had come to know wasn't that thought or sweet.

"Aww...isn't that cute" I faked a smile and then furrowed my brows at him. "...stop acting all sweet, you're just like Max. Always looking for every opportunity to fool me"

"Seriously, that is so heartbreaking. Comparing me to Max is like trying to compare a lion to a cat. I'm the lion and I am nothing like Max. So I  am wayyy....worse than your brother." Kent said. He couldn't even take it, I just knew he was trying to fool me.

"What? You're really mean"

"Yea...I am" Kent laughed out loud like the devil that he was and I just stare at him speechless.

I heaved a deep sigh as I slightly shook my head in disappointment. "You're unbelievable"

"I know..." Kent teased.

I looked away from him and there was a sudden silence between us as we walked, until I finally decided to speak again.

"My mom use to tell me when I was little that when there's a sudden silence, it means an angel is probably passing by"

"Hmm....Ain't you mommy's little girl" Kent teased again. He was such an annoying and childish evil ghost.

"No, I'm not" I chortled. "...speaking of mommy, you know I've been wondering I haven't by any chance ran into your mom ever since I've been visiting the hospital. Not even your dad. I only see Ximena, you said she's your house keeper right?" I said.

"Yea" Kent replied in a low tone "my dad is on a business trip and I'm sure he's rest assured that everything will be fine since Ximena is here"

"Oh! So he really trusts her so much"

"Yeah. Ximena has been working for the family for so long, she's like family."

"Okay...So what about your mom?" I asked and Kent suddenly became quiet again and looked away.

"What's wrong? Have I said something wrong?" I wondered and looked at Kent for a reply but he wasn't looking at me. "well I'm sorry if I've said something wrong"