7

"Your game is weak!"

Brady laughed, "you can't even get a kiss from her?"

"Shut up! Besides her brother interrupted us."

Seth didn't know why he was bothering to defend himself. It was none of their business to begin with, but once he thought about it while on patrol. The whole pack knew and so the teasing began. Despite Sam telling them to back off.

He walked away from the younger pack members, who were still laughing. He rolled his eyes, making his way down the the shop where he knew Alorah would be working. The sun would set soon which meant she would be off.

As he walked along the beach he was finding it impossible to get her off his mind. It's crazy how much the imprint thing was affecting him. Everything reminded him of her, whether it was something someone had said, saw, even a simple sound or color would bring Alorah to mind.

Seth wished he had kissed her that night, but the simple feeling of her lips brushing against his was  enough. He was in no rush, despite how desperate he really was, he would wait for the perfect moment. It would be something he'd never forget.

By the time Seth looked up, the store was already in sight.

At the same time, Alorah walked out the doors. Her bag and sweater draped over her arm, ready to go home.

Seth didn't expect some guy to follow behind her, he stopped in his tracks. An unexpected low growl rose from the back of his throat, he was jealous.

He listened to their conversation.

"Yeah, it's a really nice hike. You end up near this little waterfall. We should go sometime!"

Who was this dude and why was he asking Alorah out?

His Alorah.

"Sure! That sounds like fun!"

Seth felt his stomach drop, she had agreed to go out with another guy. A smile he had become very fond of was on her lips. She was happy to be making plans with this guy. Seth recognized him from school as Danny Fuller.

He was Brady's older cousin who was staying with his family for the remainder of the year. Brady had mentioned his parents were going through a nasty divorce and so they shipped him off to the reservation in the mean time.

"Let me get your number so I can text you about it."

Great, now he's asking for her number which meant they would keep in contact more often then Seth would like. To be fair he didn't know Danny on a personal level and Alorah didn't know she was his imprint, so maybe he was just being jealous for no reason. For all he knew maybe she was just trying to make a new friend.

He watched them say goodbye, Alorah heading towards her bike. Seth ran to her, making sure to be quiet as possible as he approached her from behind. He put his hands over her eyes, "guess who?"

He smiled at the sound of her giggle.

"Hmm, I'm going to guess it's a boy who can turn into a wolf."

"Wow, you're good at this game."

Alorah laughed, turning around to face him. Seth instantly felt the day brighten up when he looked into her eyes. He wasn't exaggerating either, everything around him had more color, and looked more serene than before. She had a strange way of making him feel satisfied with himself and the world around him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, tilting her head a little to the side. Seth couldn't help but admire how cute she looked. Her eyes sparkled in the yellow light of the sun, strands of her honey brown hair blew in the wind.