1

Disclaimer: Every now and then I go back through and edit a chapter, so some things might sound a little confusing so bear with me as I haven't edited every chapter yet. Also I started this in first person but changed it to third person so there might be some mistakes there too. Thanks for reading!

-----

"Wow, it's a great house for the price." Ana Miller said as her family entered the third bedroom.

"I like it." Alorah exclaimed, already deciding the room they had entered was going to be hers.

"Lor's right, this house is better than the others." Max piped in, Alorah looked over at him. A smile on his face as he looked over the entire room.

"Alright, we'll take it!" Her mom called out in joy.

Alorah grinned, glad her mom had decided on this one. It wasn't big or anything, quite small actually but it was perfect for the three of them.

She let her mom walk out of the room with the tribal council member so they could discuss everything else. She looked over at Max, "dibs on this one."

"What!" He cried out, "that's not fair Lor!"

"I called dibs first, it perfectly fair." She teased. The teenage boy rolled his soft brown eyes at her, the exact same pair Alorah had.

"You suck." He muttered in his breath as he walked out of the room.

She laughed to herself, walking towards the window, not that there was much of a view. Tall pine trees spread out in front of her. It was nothing new compared to where they used to live on the reservation, just like La Push the Maka Reservation was next to the ocean surrounded by forests.

The room was a good size, it could easily fit a bed and dresser. Luckily they got out all their stuff from Rob's house before he could be let out of jail, they had finally convinced their mother to leave him.

Alorah knew seeing Rob hit them was the last straw for her mom.

Thankfully, she was now filing for divorce and had a protective order against Rob. They had packed up and moved to La Push.

Her great aunt Rose lived on the reservation and told them about some houses renting on the small reservation.

The next day they came down and met Emily Young who introduced them to the tribe council members who let them live on the reservation due to their mother being half Quileute on her father's side.

Now here they were getting to start over. Alorah looked back out the window, feeling a sense of relief. They were finally free from Rob, and they were starting a new life away from the Makah reservation and everything that reminded them of Rob and all the negativity in their lives.

Grandma begged them not to leave the reservation, telling them "this is the land of your people. Your blood is here."

But at this point, they just wanted to get away, even if it meant leaving behind their family closest family. Besides, at least down here, they had aunt Rose.

"It's official, we live here now!"

She turned around where Max stood in the doorway, a grin on his face. She smiled as Max run towards his older sister and pulled her into a tight hug. She laughed as he picked her off the ground.

He was only 15 but already almost a whole foot taller than his 17-year-old sister.

He set her down, their mom stood still, watching her children while tears rimmed her dark eyes.