Who Am I?

I once dwelt upon this earth in abundance, teaching earthling men how to live. I thrived under the cerulean expanse above, painting towns, cities and countries with my opulent palette of unity and happiness. Children knew how to embrace compassion and love because of me. Meadows didn't tug at my core with the innocent's chords of threnody. But what happened? What went wrong? 

  The beautiful earth I once lived upon is now smothered with blood. Blood of the people who once knew me. The wind howled to me how many lives were lost in myriads of wars, claiming to restore me. But they never knew that bloodshed and I did not go together.

  I'm invisible. I can't be seen, I'm only a perfect embodiment that can be felt but can't be touched. My stay on the ground's surface was only a sojourn and it was wrong. I should have inculcated myself to the very crevices of their beings, to the very hearts of men. I should have let myself flow through the interstices of their souls so they could never get rid of me. Seeing them now, they possess hearts of stone, indifferent to any affection. Their souls yearn to cause affliction unto one another, and in doing so, I have depleted. I was once a whole, but then, I was struck down into sums which are barely a fraction of what I am.

  I can't live as a mere percentile of what I truly am. Evilness run rampant, like a lion that can't be caged and I am now only a picture they can draw with words. No one knows what I mean. Whether they admit it or not, they have sent me away into a deep void.

  But being smashed into pieces with sharp, ragged edges, I'm scattered everywhere. I survived by managing to writhe the splinters of my being in mankind's veins, hoping they'd wake up from the deep slumber they're in and realize I'm still alive.

  I may not be as omnipresent as before, but I learned how to remain by the side of those who still believe in me. Even soldiers with guns sticking to them like a lifeline think of me in the midst of battlefield, wondering where I went. In that alone, I'm already present. My dear children, I'm still here. You just somehow learned how to eradicate me from this earth bit by bit. But I'm still here inside you.

  I'll still be here even when the sun's warmth leaves you. Or even when the skies turn a darker shade of vermillion. Even vicissitudes of time won't make me stop from reminding you that there's a heart of gold in every creature.

Who am I?

  You probably don't know yet for I am a thousand things but everyone chooses to see the things that I am not.

Do you know my name?

  Of course. Everyone knows me.

  But do you know what I mean, what I'm meant and supposed to do in each and every one of you? I don't think so. But there's still time, my child. Seek me inside you and you will find me.

  I'm a short, ordinary, monosyllabic word people call out in times of darkness and chaos.

 My name is Peace.