Chapter 5

Danielle walked through the alleyway, wanting to leave before the cops showed up. She turned down a darkened lane, her pace quickening.

'Whoosh' There was a noise behind her. She whipped around, knife out, ready to attack anything in her sight.

There was something (or someone) in her sight, but not what (or who) she had been expecting. This was not a vamp, or a shifter. This was a portly man wearing an expensive looking black suit. He was short, bulky, black haired and had a cross between a cheeky and evil smirk on his face.

The lack of snarling or attacking led her to two different possibilities. A Hunter or a Demon. By a quick process of elimination by probability she turned to the demon and said "Hello, Crowley I assume?"

'Crowley' smirked and said, in a rough British accent, "Ooo, We've got a clever one here boys." His features twisted into what can only be described as an evil smile. It looked slightly warped, just slightly wrong, on the possessed man's face.

When Danielle said nothing, the smirk dropped from his face and he looked her dead in the eyes, meeting her strong gaze.

"I'm here to warn you, Danielle Walker. You are on an obsolete mission to kill every demon you come across, and I'm not very happy with you. There is no point. My army will just keep coming and you, and the people you love, will die." Crowley said very seriously.

Dani's eyes flashed with a mix of hate and anger at the last sentence. She took a deep breath before saying, in a stony voice "Everyone I love or loved, or even liked, is dead so that's an utterly useless threat."

Crowley laughed, his smirk returning to his lips. He looked down to the concrete and the back up, the evil, cheeky look back.

Three words was all it took to get Dani hopeful. And they came from Crowley.

"All of them?"

---------------------------------

Dean couldn't stop moving. He was restless. He stood up.

He sat back down.

He paced.

He sat back down.

He turned on the TV.

He turned it off.

He couldn't just sit there, but there was nothing he could do, so he tried again. He picked up his phone, entered the number and pressed CALL.

---------------------------------

There was quiet for a moment and then the phone rang.

"Right on cue." said Crowley, breaking the silence looking at Danielle's pocket, where the phone lit up and vibrated.

Crowley nodded to Danielle and whispered "Be my guest."

Dani took out her phone, very confused, and looked at the screen.

UNKNOWN NUMBER :

5⃣5⃣4⃣ 6⃣6⃣3⃣2⃣ 0⃣9⃣2⃣3⃣

SLIDE TO ANSWER ->

'Thats the same number as before' Danielle thought.

She answered, not taking her eyes off Crowley in case he tried something. "Hello?" She said through the phone.

In response she heard a voice that was so familiar to her, but she had thought she would never hear again.

And it said her name.

"Danielle?"

And, her voice shaking in disbelief while Crowley smirked on responded.

"Dean?"

-------------------------------------

Long Overdue A/N

SO today I was listing through the mistakes of my younger self, and I remembered this. I read through all your comments and felt like I'd let you down, SO I reset my password and email, and I will finish this story!

Back in Black as it were,

Maddi xx