Chapter 2

A/N

Hey hey hey! So this is where the plot changes (A/N from the future, this is also where the plot also gets v confusing, I couldn't write 2 years ago)Have fun, please vote! It really helps me out! And time for Soulless Sam!

xx Maddi xx

*beep beep* *beep beep* "Who is it?" Dean says from the drivers seat, hearing Sam's phone alert him to the presence of a text, with possibly the most annoying sound ever. 'Yay technology' Sam thinks bitterly.

He glances at the phone. The shining screen reads "Danielle Walker : Sam, what the hell? U said the diner, I showed up at the diner, and the waitress told me you left 3 days ago! Whats wrong? I need to talk to u about something a demon told me, so stop avoiding me! -Dani"

Sam presses the dismiss button with no thought and replies "Erm, just a girl." Dean chuckles and says "What you've talked to a girl this past year? Wow Sammy, I am proud."

Sam begins a train of thought about this girl, "Danielle". Convincing Dean that Danielle was dead was hard, convincing Bobby was even harder but in the end the hacking, bribing and stealing paid off. It was actually kind of fun for Sam, coming up with a plausible story, in the end she got bit by a werewolf and killed herself in front of a "witness" who is now $4000 richer.

Dean had wailed like a baby and was off his game for a few weeks, another sign of emotional weakness and another reason Sam considers himself a better hunter now, but it was worth it. No distractions now.

"Where are we going then Sammy boy?" Dean almost sings, snapping Sam out of his thoughts.

"Minnesota, Looks like a vengeful spirit." Sam replies, handing him the file. Dean looked at Sam in shock and then looked out the window to brood about something.

Sam would ask what it was, but he didn't really care.

And he didn't even care that he didn't care, so they sit in silence until Dean puts in a cassette and AC/DC blasts through the old speakers.

*3 YEARS AGO*

SAM

I look down, feeling the tears roll down my face as I lower the coffin into the large empty space. He deserves so much better. He deserves a monument, from all the people he's saved! But instead he gets a little mound, and no gravestone. Bobby wanted to cremate him, but if there is any way to get him back I will do it, no matter what, and cremation would make that impossible.

I turned away, forcing myself to stop crying. I had to be strong, for Dean. As i wiped the tears from my eyes, I made out a figure, standing beside a tree in the shadows. A woman, about 5'8, from what I can see. As I move closer, I realize she hasn't seen me because her face is buried in her hands. -CRACK- 'Damn' I curse internally as I step on a branch. The woman looks up quickly, with the reflexes of a fox, and I get a good look at her face. She has an incredibly delicate face, smooth skin, hazel intelligent eyes and would be pretty as a model if it were not for the tear tracks on her face. When she sees me her expression changes from sadness to shock and she quickly reaches into the pocket of her jacket and pulls out a long knife, holding it in the defensive stance.

I put my hands up and ask suspiciously "Who are you?" At this she looks up and says "Giant sized, shoulder length brown hair and crying. You must be Sam. I'm Danielle, Danielle Walker. I..... I knew Dean." She tears up a bit but wipes the tears away without notice, putting away her knife.

The name rings a bell, as Dean mentioned her once or twice. Or ten or twenty times. From what information I got, they hunted together every time Dad, and later on me, left him. He had said she was a great hunter, who trained every day and, from the way he talked about her, they were close.

Which probably means they had sex at some point, knowing Dean.

I looked back up at her and said "Danielle, as in Dani?"

"Yeah, that's what he called me."

"He mentioned you once or twice, you hunted together right?"

"About twenty times over the years, and he mentioned you once or twice too Sammy."

"It's Sam."

"Sorry. Dean always called you 'Sammy', I just sort of assumed you liked it, but knowing Dean, that was stupid"I chuckled despite the fresh tears leaking out of my eyes.

"Any way, Sam. I know Bobby doesn't agree, but burying Dean was the right thing to do. I'm trying my hardest to find some way of getting him back, and I thought you might be too, so let's keep in contact, Okay?"

"Okay"

"Good"

"Good"

She looked up one last time, with sadness written all over her face, and said "Sam, one thing I know about is your brother, and if I know anything about Dean, it's that he will keep fighting, even if he just pisses some demons off with his sarcasm. So, just don't give up, okay?"

"Okay"

"Good"

"Good"

Maddi xx