The chase

_CHAPTER TWO_

"Are you telling me that you let her get away?!" the Governor said.

"Sir, it was an accident, she broke the hinges on the cell door and the door fell on the guard, and he got knocked unconscious and-" The man got cut off.

"Get out of my sight!" the Governor said made a hand gesture for the two workers of his to leave. Meanwhile, I was somewhere else. I walked into a saloon and ordered a shot of whisky.

"Well hello..." I say to the person beside me. She turned around.

"Elasia what are you doing here?!" she said.

"Calm down Atera. Its fine." I say to the girl. Her name was Atera Zeaton.

"No its not fine! You are wanted by everyone here. You cant just come strolling in and order a shot of whisky from the local saloon! You're a pirate!" Atera said.

"Jeez, not so loud. Anyways, hows your brother?" I asked her.

"Still says he hates you as usual. But, I know his actual feelings for you." She said.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"He loves you Elasia! and he knows it!"

"No. No way! He cant! He absolutely hates me and I know it!" I said to her as I heard the Governor's men. "Gotta go, see ya!" I get up from my stool and run out the back door

"There she is!" I hear a someone yell and I start running faster. I look back and flash an mischievous smile at them. I turn a corner with them right at my tail. I hide behind a wall and wait for them to find me. I have my sword in my hand. I see one of the men. I come out from hiding and attack them with my sword. Kicking, slicing, cutting, all that jazz.

I watch the last man fall and wait for the next to come.

Soon enough they come and I do the same to them as I did to the last men.

I walk along the empty alleyways with my sword put away. the chains of my broken handcuffs jingle and my beads in my hair click together, so i have to stay where no one will hear me. Breaking out of jail twice in one day is a little over the top. Even for me.

I have to find something that can pick a lock because these handcuffs sure are uncomfortable.

"Elasia!" I hear someone call my name. I start running. It is an instinct after all. Perfect. just perfect. I thought. I look over my shoulder. I stopped running. It was Alias Zeaton. I turn around.

"What do you want?" I ask with a fake interest.

" I heard that you were in town and i wanted to say hi." He says.

" I thought you hated me. that's what Atera told me." I say.

"Well, about that I-" he got cut off.

"I see her!" i hear a guard yell. I start running.

"Wait!" Alias calls after me. I take out my sword, just in case the men catch up with me.

Of course, a guard catches up with me. I think i jinxed it. After all, they don't.., usually. I turn around sharply and swing my sword at the guard. He falls to the ground.

I slit his throat as easy as 123. Then, of course the rest catch up. I do the same to them as I did to the last guy. I look down at the bodies. This was going to make the governor so mad. I laughed.

"I am awesome." I say to myself. I put away my sword. Soon enough, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see who it was. Alias.

"To what do I owe this displeasure..; again..?" I say to him.

"Elasia I need to say something to you. " He said.

"What do you want?" I say.

"Well, it's just that... Elasia I-I am in love... with...you." He said.

"Well, that's all the time I have." I say and run off.

"Oh god. I blew it." Alias said.

The chain from the broken handcuffs on my wrist jingled as i ran. "god, stop making noise!" i said. Great. the governer's gonna send more men and I'm going to be heard with this stupid chain making all this noise. I thought. I start to look for something that could get these broken handcuffs off of me. I see an old dagger by the side of the path i was walking on. I walk over to it and pick it up to examine it. pretty sharp. it might be able to get these stupid things off. i think. I try it a couple times on the lock; finally it comes open. perfect. i think. i slide the dagger into my pocket and start walking again. I hear something behind me. I swear to god if Alias is following me again i will hurt him. i think. I turn around. It's Atera. "What do you want?" i ask.

"I just need to talk to you for a minute." she replies.

"Make it quick." i say.

"Alias told me what he said to you, and i wanted to apologize for his behavior." Atera said.

"Since when do you apologize for your brother?" i ask.

"Since now." she said.

"Whatever." i say to her. "Oh and just by the way, he's behind you." I say and start walking.

"since when are you friends with Elasia?" Alias asks Atera.

"Just go Alias." she replies and puts her hand on his back and starts to push him.

My, they're family is quite the act. Anyways, hopfully now that the handcuffs are gone it wont be as easy for the governer's men to find me. I think to myself. Man, i'm tired. I need some sleep. I think. Soon enough, i find a small, empty house that i can rest in. I pick the lock with the dagger that I found earlier and i go inside. The door made a creaking noise when i opened it; along with a cloud of dust. I cough. Man, this place is old. I think. I go down into the cellar, thinking that it might have less dust. I was quite wrong. Maybe this isn't the best place to rest. I think. I walk back up the stairs and back outside. It had gotten dark while i was inside the house. I find a stick and two stones to make a torch. I use the stones to light the stick on fire to light my way to find another house to rest in. finally i find a house to rest in. Let's hope this one has less dust. I think. Of course it dosen't; but it does have feathers. I grab the feathers and a stick from the fireplace and stick the feathers on to the stick with some honey i found. I use the stick with the feathers to make all the dust go away. I look around for some blankets and a pillow. None. I guess the floor will have to do. I think and lay down on the floor to sleep.

I wake up to the morning sun. I squint my eyes and groan. I only got a couple hours of sleep but that's normal for me. I grab my weapons and head outside.