Prison Cell

_CHAPTER ONE_

I walk the docks of the royal pier.

I knew I obviously would not get a warm welcome because, well, I'm a pirate. "There she is!" I heard a guard yell. They were obviously talking about me. I started to run. I knew i would get away somehow but i might as well make it a game. A chase. Make it fun. I ran into the village and saw an empty building.

Shoemaker the sign read. I ducked in. I made sure the door was secure so they couldn't get in. I snickered. They're never gonna get me. I thought. just then, I had an idea that would drive them crazy. If I get caught on purpose, go to prison and escape, it'll drive them mad. I laughed. "This'll be fun." I said to myself. I loosened the door enough so they could get in. I hid in plain sight, just for special effects. The door burst open and in just a few minutes they found me. "You're coming with us." they said. Perfect. They grabbed my arms and dragged me to the prison. I smiled.

In the prison I sat on the floor. While I was in there I studied the cell door very carefully. I was a blacksmith's apprentice before I became a pirate so I knew a few things here and there. I finally figured out what kind of hinge it was. I found a loose rock that had fallen just ouside the cell door. I grabbed it and broke the hinge on the door. "Hey! what are you doing!?!" the guard yelled. The cell door fell and knocked him unconscious. "Perfect." I said.