Part Five.

Part Five.

Allie froze, her hands still clasped firmly around Justin’s neck. For a good minute or two, she could barely move, she was in such shock.

The expression on Shaun’s face as he stared at the pair of them in the middle of the water was leering, an alarming smirk that appeared remarkably fake stretched across his mouth. 

“Sh-Shaun?” Allie managed to stutter finally, her heart hammering against her chest and her breathing getting heavier by the second. “What are you-?”

“Doing here?” He finished for her, raising his eyebrows questioningly. “Precisely what I could ask you.” His eyes traveled to the right to land on Justin, who was staring at Shaun with the same wide-eyed, shocked expression that was on Allie’s face. A hardened glint of anger immediately passed through Shaun’s eyes. “With...him.” He finished, his voice a low growl.

Allie seemed to realize that she was still clinging onto Justin’s back, for she quickly broke away, sliding off of him back into the water and standing a good two or three feet away from him. “Um...” She began, letting out an awkward, extremely nervous giggle. “We were just...swimming.”

Shaun’s lips tightened, thinning until they’d become practically a straight line. “Uh-huh.” He stated, clearly not believing her.

Allie swallowed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and forming the most artificial smile she could manage on her face. “W-what are you doing here?” She asked, trying to sound as innocently curious as possible. “I thought you didn’t want to come to the party.”

“I didn’t.” He said coolly. “But I decided to go down to the party to be with you, since you’re my fiance and all, and since you so clearly wanted me there.” He shrugged casually, almost as if he was trying to appear as innocent and harmless as possible. “When I got there, I couldn’t find you anywhere. I looked all over, but I had no clue where you were. So I decided to ask around, and when I did, somebody said they’d seen you leaving with someone else, going in the direction of the pools.” A hardened glint reappeared in his eyes and a shadow of something that resembled malice crossed over his face. “So I came out here to see if that was true, and...” He let out a soft chuckle. “Look at that. It was.”

Allie stared at him for what felt like centuries, seemingly unable to articulate or verbalize a response.

Then, right as she was about to finally open her mouth and say something, Justin began speaking.

“Look, man, we were just swimming.” He stated in a half-defeated voice. “We got bored and decided to go for a walk, and we-”

“Ended up here.” Shaun interrupted him. “Yeah, I can see that."

Justin stared at him, an unreadable expression on his face.

Shaun stared back for several long and tedious moments before tearing his gaze away and turning instead to look at Allie. “Alexandra, we need to talk in private for a moment. Or...actually...why don’t you just come back to the room with me? Considering it’s almost midnight and we should be together right now...Have some alone time...” He trailed off, staring at her with such intensity that it was obvious that what he was asking was a command rather than a request.

Allie’s eyes flickered almost instinctively to Justin, whom she felt a sudden sense of longing towards.

At the moment, she was absolutely terrified, and all she wanted was to stay with Justin. 

She could only imagine the things Shaun might do to her if she went with him.

She knew there was absolutely no possible way she could avoid going with him, though, considering she wasn’t about to reveal what he did to her in front of Justin, and she also happened to be sharing her hotel room with Shaun.