Chapter 10

Dan

We still had a few hours to go before we were there, and Phil kept his seat next to me.

We didn't speak a lot, because Phil was mostly sleeping and I was mostly thinking.

I looked out the window and saw the landscapes pass by as we drove on the highway, away from home and somewhere new, and I was hoping it would be relaxing, without any trouble, but I couldn't be sure.

Phil was pretty much laying on his side on the chair, facing me.

I looked over at him as he moved his head a bit and I smiled. He looked so adorable, so innocent.

I brushed some of his hair from his face lightly with my finger.

Phil must've felt my touch as he opened his eyes, just enough to see me, before smiling and closing them again, going back to sleep.

I turned my head to the window again, thinking.

The bus finally stopped, and all I could see around us was trees.

"Are we here?" Phil spoke as he sat up properly on the chair and stretched after his very long nap.

I nodded as a response and the bus doors opened. Everyone were rushing to get out, desperate to stretch their legs. I could feel how mine had gone numb almost.

Me and Phil grabbed our small backpacks and walked off the bus.

We got our bigger bags from the bagging area underneath the vechicle and Phil dragged me over so we'd stand together with Louis.

I tried to act like nothing happened, and I think it worked pretty well because so were they.

As everyone stood there around the bus with their bags and their groups of friends, I saw Chris and Pj standing on the other side of the crowd, not looking at me. I had almost forgotten that they were even here.

The teachers were holding lists of all our names, calling each one out to see if everyone got off.

When the bus drove away, the teachers told us to follow them to where our rooms would be. I was expecting small one-bedroom cottage-like houses. Probably with two bunk beds each.

Phil and Louis were walking beside me, talking, but I didn't feel invited into the conversation so I kept quiet.

I looked around me, at all the trees, wondering what we would be doing here, because it didn't seem to be a lot to do.

I was walking, all up in my daydreaming, when I heard a sudden 'woah' from beside me.

I turned rapidly to check and Phil had stumbled over a root that was going up from the ground. I reached my arm out to catch him, as a reflex reaction, but instead he somehow managed to fall right into Louis' arms.

I had stopped walking, just like them, and I looked at Phil, who was thanking his friend for the save.

I bit my tongue and instead of waiting for them I started walking all by myself.

I could hear them saying something behind me, but I didn't care what they said, I couldn't walk with them, my jealousy was too strong.

When we finally got to the place where we were staying, I could see how the houses were just like I had imagined them. Placed around in a circle with a tiny fireplace in the middle.

Phil and Louis caught up to me and they both stood on each side of me, but I didn't look at them.

The teachers were talking about how they were putting up lists on a board over at a tree with all our names on them, saying in which of the houses we were staying, and how every one of them had two bunk beds, as I had imagined, and then we had to go back to them to get out keys.

We left our bags where we were standing and everyone walked together to the tree to check where they were staying.

Number 4.

I didn't look for Phils, because I figured that if he got the same as me he would be going there aswell.

I grabbed my bag and walked over to one of the teachers to get my keys.

"Number 4" I asked and they opened a bag full of keys, looking for the one with the small plate on it that said '4'.

"Ah! Here we go. Number 4 for you. Oh and Daniel? Number 4 only has three beds, so you better hurry if you don't want the bunk one!" They laughed and I smiled in response, walking over to the house.

I put the key in the lock and walked inside. It was small, and cosy.

It had one single bed on one side and a bunk bed opposite of it at the end of the room.

I quickly walked over and put my bag on the single one, letting the people who were staying here with me know that it was mine.

I heard the door open and I turned to it, anxious to see who was about to walk in.

"Hey!" They said happily, and I was relieved that it wasn't Louis. But it wasn't Phil either.

"Hi" I replied quietly, looking away.

This would be fun. Staying with someone I don't even know the name of.

"I'm Harry, by the way" They said as they placed their bags on the bed opposite mine.

"Dan" I said, completely unenthusiastic.

I sat down on my bed, picking my phone charger up and plugging it into the outlet on the wall, and plugging the cable to my phone.

"Do you,uh, know who else is staying here?" I asked but Harry just shook his head.

"No sorry"

I sighed and checked my phone, but quickly realized there was no signal down here.

I threw it on the bed and sighed loudly. I wondered if Phil was staying here, or maybe with Louis.

The door opened again but this time I knew who the person was.

"Chris!" I blurted out as I saw him walking in and he smiled as soon as he saw me.

"Oh thank god Dan I thought I was going to be alone!" Chris bursted out and walked quickly towards me.

"Oh. Hi, I'm Chris" He said as soon as he noticed Harry sitting on his bed.

Chris started talking about some weird stuff that happened on the bus, and I had to pretend to be interested, as usual.

Thankfully, he was stopped by a knock on our door.

Harry went to open it, and we saw one of our teachers standing there, saying that it was dinner time.

I looked at Chris.

"I wonder what kind of fancy dinner they have prepared for us" I said sarcastically and Chris snorted.

"Yeah I know right" He replied as we both walked out the door.

Everyone were sitting around the fireplace, and I was sitting next to Chris and Pj, because I couldn't seem to find Phil anywhere in the crowd.

They gave us sticks and sausages that we were supposed to grill on the fire.

This was supposed to look like a cosy night with friends, but in reality it was really cold and all I wanted was to go back to the house and lay down in the bed and sleep forever.

"Have you seen Phil?" I finally asked Chris after I understood that I couldn't stand not seeing him here. I was getting paranoid.

"No, sorry mate" Chris replied but also looked around to see if he could see Phil anywhere.

The teachers started talking about all the different activities we could do here. Apparently there was a lake not so far away from here where we could go, but only during the day.

A lake sounded like fun, too bad I wouldn't be able to swim in it. I don't want anyone to see my bruises.

"Dan, you okay?" Pj asked after he probably saw how off I was acting.

"Yeah I'm fine" I tried to sound as secure and convincing as possible.

They didn't ask me about that anymore.

When we had eaten our food, it was getting close to midnight, and I still hadn't seen Phil, or Louis for that matter, anywhere.

I couldn't help but look around anyway, in case I had accidentally missed them somewhere.

"Hey Dan. Isn't that Phil?" I heard Chris say as he pointed at two people walking towards the fireplace.

I tried to get a better look but it was dark, and you could barely see the faces, but I would recognize Phils hair and body anywhere.

Where was he coming from?

I quickly stood up without saying a word to Chris and Pj, and walked towards him.

Phil didn't seem to pay much attention to where he was going, because when I stopped right in front of him he almost walked into me.

"Oh! Dan, hi" He said happily, and I glanced over at Louis who was doing everything to avoid looking at me.

"We missed you at dinner" I spoke.

"Yeah sorry for missing that, I just wasn't hungry"

I didn't believe him.

"Where were you?" I asked, trying not to sound too harsh.

"We were just checking out the place" He admitted and I looked over at Louis again.

"Let me guess, you two are in the same house too?" I asked, obviously not looking for an actual answer, but Phil gave me one anyway.

"Yeah" He almost whispered and I felt something turn in my stomach.

I bit my lip and looked down at the ground.

"Have fun fucking tonight then" I spat before turning around and walking back to Chris and Pj.

I don't even know why I said what I said, I wish I hadn't. I didn't even mean it. I didn't even know if they were crushing on each other, or if Phil was cheating on me.

I sat down beside my friends and looked in Phils direction. He hadn't moved from the spot where he was standing, and Louis was trying to talk to him, but Phil just kept looking at me.

Phil

Dans words hit me like a ton of bricks. I watched him walk away but I was left there, paralyzed from his words. I knew that he had seen that I was sleeping on Louis' shoulder on the bus. I cursed myself for letting that happen.

Louis was speaking to me but his words didn't come through.

All I could think about was Dan, and whether or not he had broken up with me.

I saw him sit down somewhere in the crowd next to the fireplace. I kept my eyes on him all the time.

I finally looked away and Louis was shaking me by my shoulders.

"Phil!"

"Leave me alone" I said, brushing his hands off me and walking away.

I ran to our house, and I hated the fact that Louis was staying here aswell. I wanted to be alone. Completely.

I heard a faint knock on the door.

"Phil?"

It was Louis.

"Go away I told you leave me alone!" I hissed.

I put my earphones in and played some music, loud enough to drown my thoughts.

I let a small tear fall from my eye as I thought about the fact that Dan might not be mine anymore.

I must've fallen asleep, because I don't remember much more from that night.

When I woke up, Louis was shaking me.

"Phil, it's breakfast time you have to get up now" He said calmly but I ignored him and turned my back to him.

"Fine" He responded to my actions and walked out.

I really didn't feel like talking to him right now, not after what happened last night.

When I finally got ready, I walked out and saw everyone sitting on the ground, eating sandwiches.

I didn't see Louis anywhere, but I saw Dan and his friends.

I needed to talk to him. I had to explain.

Nervous, I walked up to him.

"Dan" I spoke, trying not to let my voice shake too much.

He turned around and stood up, looking at me.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

Dan grabbed my arm and pulled me with him away from everyone else.

I could see the sad look on his face as he looked away.

"Phil I...I don't think there's much to talk about" He said, with a broken voice.

"Yes there is. There's a lot to talk about I have to explain you have to let me-"

"No, there really is not. And I'm sorry for what I said last night, that wasn't fair." He cut me off.

I had to make sure he still wanted to be with me, so I leaned in, trying to kiss him, but he put his hands on my shoulders, pushing me away.

I bit my lip and looked down.

"I'm sorry Phil. I just...I don't know." He explained.

"Dan if you think there's something between me and Louis then you are wrong okay" I said quickly.

"Am I?" He questioned me.

"Yes" I said, my voice shaking, probably making it sound like I was uncertain of what I was saying.

"I love you Phil but..." Dan started but was interrupted by one of the teachers shouting for everyone to gather around them.

"We better go" Dan spoke and started walking back, and I was left wondering what he meant to say after the 'but'.

a/n:

very short Phils pov here sorry!
ahhh i hope you still like this story i enjoy writing it so :)
<3