Chapter 15

Phil woke up several times during the night. 
Nightmares were keeping him from sleeping calmly. All he could think about was what happened at the dance, and those thoughts also appeared in his dreams. 
He was cold sweating, he couldn't get comfortable in his bed whenever he tried to fall asleep again.
Calling Dan was constantly on his mind, but he couldn't do it given the fact that it was 3 in the morning. 
He was scared, because Dan said they'll talk tomorrow, that is today, and Phil kind of didn't want to.
Dan misunderstood so much last night, but so did Phil. Everything was just a mess right now.
Phil got out of bed, he couldn't lay in it anymore because he didn't feel like he would be able to fall asleep again for a while.
He was sure everyone were asleep, because why would anyone in his family be up at this hour. Phil wasn't the type to be up at this time either, but this time he had a reason.
He made his way downstairs as quietly as he could. The last thing he wanted was to wake someone up and be asked a thousand questions about why he was up.
Phil walked to the kitchen and put the kettle on. He needed some tea since that usually calmed him down and helped him sleep. 
He didn't realize how loud the kettle was when it was completely quiet in the house, so he just hoped that it wouldn't wake anyone up. 
He checked his phone for the time. 3.24. He wanted to call Dan. Or maybe just text. But he couldn't. 
"Phil?" 
Phils eyes got wide in terror as he turned around just to see his mother standing right in front of him in her housecoat, sleepy eyes, wondering what her son was doing up.
"Mum? Did I wake you up I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" 
"Why are you up? Why are you making tea, Phil are you okay?" 
Phil had to make a quick decision, either he would tell her the truth, that he had a "fight" with Dan, or he would lie, but he wasn't sure what the lie would be, and he didn't have enough time to make something believable up.
"I…I just can't sleep. Kind of having a hard time…with Dan." He spoke. 
His first thought was just to say that he couldn't sleep, but he knew that his mother would ask why, so he decided to just keep going with the truth.
"Oh honey. Want to talk about it?" 
Phil shook his head. That was the last thing he wanted to do. She didn't need to know anything, and talking about it would probably just make it worse. 
"Alright. Well you make your tea and go to bed honey, you have school tomorrow." She said and gave Phil a kiss on his head before she went back to the bedroom, and Phil was left alone in the kitchen where the water had stopped boiling so he could make his tea now.
He decided it would be a good idea to take it up to his room, in case his mum would come out to check if he was still there or not, so he did.
Phil put the cup on the small table next to his bed before sitting down on it and taking the cup in his hand, waiting for the tea to cool down a bit so he could drink it when his phone buzzed in his pocket.
He was confused, who was texting him now? 
Phil took it out and checked the message on the screen. It was from Dan. His heart started beating so fast when he clicked on 'open' to see what it said.
'Hey. Are you awake?'
Phils hands were shaking. 
'Yes. Why?'
He took a sip of his hot tea and burned his tongue, but Phil didn't care. He was too nervous about what was going on right now. Why wasn't Dan sleeping? 
'Can you meet me outside of the pizza place in fifteen minutes?'
Worry immediately took over. Phil knew that something was wrong, and it probably was something other than what had happened between them earlier this night. He had to see Dan.
'Yes of course. I'll be there.'
Phil got dressed as fast as he could, in a simple white t-shirt with a wolf print and black jeans. 
He walked downstairs again, checking the time as he walked. 3.55.
He took his shoes on, he didn't even bother looking which ones he took. He needed to be out fast because it took a good ten minutes to walk to the pizza place.
Phil opened the front door and tried closing it as quietly as he could, before he took off and ran as fast as he could through the neighbourhood and towards their meeting spot.

When he was almost there, he could see someone standing there beneath the street light, pacing back and forth.
Phil stopped running, and walked quickly instead, until he finally got there.
"Dan." He spoke, and Dan stopped pacing and stood still, looking at Phil with a sad expression on his face.
Instead of saying anything, Dan just hugged Phil. He wrapped his arms around the other boy and held him very tight, because that was what he needed the most right now, at four in the morning.
"Dan, what happend?" Phil asked after Dan had let go.
"Got into a fight, with my mum, again." He explained, not looking Phil straight in the eyes.
Phil didn't know what to say, so he just put his hands in his pockets and looked down at the ground.
"Phil I'm really sorry about what happened at the dance. I overreacted, I admit it. I was being a complete douche, I really am sorry." Dan apologized.
"Dan, it's okay. I love you. I don't think you were a complete douche. Just like, half a douche." Phil replied, and Dan giggled a bit.
"I'm glad that you're not mad at me…I was so worried that I had fucked it up with you, you know…" Dan continued.
"Me too, actually. I couldn't sleep so well tonight." 
"I guessed, since you replied to my text. I honestly didn't expect you to be awake, but it was worth a try." 
Phil flashed Dan a weak smile, and looked up at the sky. The air was cold, and when he breathed, the air turned white, like fog.
"Phil." 
Phil rapidly looked at Dan again, who was getting ready to say something.
"Can…Can you help me with something?" 
"Yeah sure, what?"
Dan took a deep breath, it was obvious that he was nervous to say it.
"I need you to go with me to the police station." 
Phils eyes got wide in surprise.
"What? Dan, why?"
"I want to tell them about my mum…I can't live like this anymore, you were right." Dan explained, and looked down at the ground in shame. He wasn't a big fan of showing his weak side, but it was different with Phil, somehow. With Phil, he didn't have to be cool, or pretend to be someone he wasn't. Hell, he didn't even have to hide what was going on at his house. 
Phil didn't say anything, because words were too much right now, instead he just walked up to Dan and held him. 
He held him for minutes, his grip getting tighter around the boy who was now trying to not let tears fall from his eyes onto Phils shirt.
"Dan…I'm so proud of you, okay? Everything will be okay. I love you so much." Phil whispered in Dans ear. 
Dan was sobbing into Phils tshirt now. 
He was scared, scared of what would happen when they took his mother away from him. Would he move to his dads place? Or to an orphanage? 
Dan didn't want to think about it, but it was always in the back of his mind. 
If he did move to his dad, he would be so far away from Phil, and his friends. Well, the two friends he had left. Chris and Pj.
"Dan, don't cry." 
"Sorry, I'm just…scared I guess. I don't know what will happen after we do this." 
Phil kissed Dans nose softly, making the boy smile slightly.
"Everything will be okay, trust me. We should go." Phil said, and Dan agreed. 

The police station was quite a bit away, but none of them had any money with them, so they had to walk.
Phil could tell that Dan was worried, he wasn't very focused on where he was walking, and Phil had to stop him from walking into a few benches and lampposts.
"There it is!" Phil exclaimed when he saw the police station in the distance, and that kind of woke Dan up from his thoughts.
"Oh." 
"Dan, what is it?"
"I'm not sure, I'm not sure about this anymore." 
Phil closed his eyes and let out a sigh. He didn't want Dan to regret doing it, but he also didn't want him to keep living like this, and Dan obviously didn't want it either since he was the one suggesting this.
Phil didn't say anything, he just took Dan by the hand and walked with him all the way to the door.
"I wonder what they'll think when they'll see two teenage boys walking in here at 4.30 in the morning." Phil said. 
"Probably that something is very wrong." Dan answered, even though Phil wasn't expecting a reply.
They walked up to the counter, and to their surprise, there wasn't anyone there.
Phil looked around the room, as if the police man would just suddenly appear there. 
"Hi boys. What are you doing there at this hour?" A man said just as he was walking towards the counter from a room. He smelled of coffee and he had a stain of coffee on his uniform.
Phil looked at Dan, waiting for him to explain, but Dan didn't say a word. He couldn't get anything out of his mouth.
"We would like to report domestic violence at his house." Phil spoke when he realized that Dan wouldn't be saying anything.
"I see…could you fill this out? We will take care of it immediately." The police man said and handed them a form to fill out.
Dan looked at Phil, sadness in his eyes. Phil understood that Dan loved his mother despite everything she had done to him, but this was for the best, and Dan knew that.
Phil helped Dan fill it out, since Dan was kind of off at the moment. 
"Here you go." Phil said and handed it back to the policeman. 
"Thank you. We're going to go there right now to arrest this…" 
"Woman" Phil said.
"To arrest this woman. You boys can sit down over there and wait for us, and we'll figure out what to do from there." The man said and pointed at a red sofa that was placed against a wall, almost like in a waiting room at a hopsital.
They both sat down whilst three policemen were walking out the door and getting in their car to go get Dans mum.
Dan was staring at the floor. A blank stare. Almost like he couldn't believe what they just did.
Phil put his arm around the boy and pulled him closer to himself. 
Dan was shaking. He was scared what would happend when they brought his mum here.

20 minutes past, and they heard a door open. Dans breathing got faster and he sat up straight.
The policemen walked in, holding Dans mum who was handcuffed, and when she saw him, she started trying to get out of the policemens grip.
"You ungrateful fucking useless piece of shit! How could you do this to your own mother you're so fucking worhtless! I never loved you you're a fucking mistake!" She shouted, and Phil held Dan even closer to him.
The policemen were trying to stop her, they were pulling her into a separate room and they locked the door.
"Dan, don't listen to her." Phil said immediately after they closed the door. "Dan, look at me."
He looked at Phil, his eyes were shiny from the tears, and Phil felt so much pain when he saw Dans face. He had never seen someone this broken and hurt before.
Phil wanted to kiss him, but he figured it wasn't appropriate right now, it probably wouldn't make Dan feel better. 

They waited for another 20 minutes before a man came out to them.
"Well boys, seems like we'll be arresting this woman. Do you have any relatives you can stay with?" He asked Dan, who nodded.
"That's great. Do you have any contact information to them?" 
Dan nodded again.
"Great! We will give them a call, and then we will get your things and help you get there. You will also have to fill in a few papers. Is that okay with you?" 
Again, Dan nodded in response.
"Good. Could you write the contact information down here?" He said and handed Dan a bunch of post-it notes where Dan could write down his dads number, which he did.
"Phil I'm going to have to move to my dads…" Dan said, his voice as empty as his eyes.
"Isn't that good? Isn't you dad nice to you?" Phil asked, wondering why Dan was so concerened about it.
"Yes he is. He is. But he lives so far away…I'll barely get to see you." 
"Oh…but...you can visit sometimes, right? Like during weekends?" Phil tried to stay positive.
"I guess." 
"Good. Dan, you did a good thing. You have to put yourself first sometimes and this was a good thing to do." Phil said trying to cheer Dan up.
Dan smiled weakly, but Phil could tell that he didn't really mean it.
Phils phone started buzzing in his pocket again, so he picked it up just to see that it was his mum calling. 
"Hello?"
"Philip!! Where are you are you okay? Why aren't you at home where are you?!" His mum practically shouted throught he phone.
"Mum, calm down I'm helping Dan with something very important. I'm at the police station, you can come get me, if you want to."
"The police station? Phil what are you doing at the police station?!"
"I'll explain later, come get me now if you can." 
"I'll be right there!" 
Phil hung up and put his phone back in his pocket.
"You do realize this will probably be the last time we see each other for a few weeks?" Dan asked, and Phil bit hip lip and nodded.
Dan leaned forwards and kissed the boy. Phil was caught by surprise but he quickly relaxed and kissed Dan back. He would miss those lips for these few weeks, but he knew that it would be worth it when they saw each other again, and he knew that Dan would be safe, which made him feel good inside.
"I'll miss you so much." Dan whispered.
"I'll miss you too. I will call you every day." Phil said and Dan smiled.
"Me too." 
They both smiled at each other before going in for another kiss.

"Philip?!"
Phils mother walked in and she looked lost, looking around for her son.
"Over here, mum." Phil said, standing up, and so did Dan.
"Oh dear." She said and hugged him. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah mum I'm fine." 
Dan just stood behind Phil, awkwardly, not knowing what do to really.
"Let's go home then, you still have school today Philip." 
Phil turned around and looked at Dan, flashing him a weak smile, and Dan smiling back.
"Bye, Dan."
"Bye Phil."
Dan sat down on the sofa again, and Phil sat down in the backseat of his mums car, and as they were driving away from the police station, Phil tried so hard to keep the tears in, because he wouldn't see his love for weeks, and that hurt like hell.

-

a/n:
guess whos back! i am! 
wow i just realized that i havent updated this for about a month! i am so so sorry but i had exams every single week until now and now i have a whole week off of school! 
i will hopefully update this story with 2/3 chapters before i go back to school because when i go back the exams continue and it will be hell. 
also i saw all time low live last tuesday and i still cant stop smiling about it oh my god.
i hope you guys still read this story and like it and stuff i kind of had a major writers block for this chapter and such but i hope you liked it and yeah. thanks for still reading if you do and im sorry for the one month break!
also i have created a new 'book' where i write phan oneshots and i have published one story so far so if you like oneshots it would be cool if you could check that out. x