Ch.3 "Flashes"

~The next month or two doesn't pass quick enough. The entire time all I get to do is run errands for Integra. Mostly she just asks me to explain those 10 years that my file doesnt include. Not much of it bothers me, but she seems interested. I explained how after my parent's and brother were killed i ran. By some miriacle Andreson found me on one of his missions not to far from where we were the last time i saw him. He had found me shivering in the rain and asked where my parents were, but took my hand when i said they were dead.~

   Rain pelts my face as i look up at the cloudy sky. I sneeze, hugging my cold and wet arms around my freezing and drenched little body. The cold wind cuts through me, my night clothes and robe doing nothing to keep the icy cold off me. I stumble onward into the downpour. Eventually i can go no further, my body on the verge of collapse and sleep threatening to take me. I sit on a lone bench and fight to stay awake, knowing that if i fell asleep here i'd probably not wake the next morning. In the lamp light i see someone step towards me and i freeze, for all i knew he could be just like the monster who took my happy life away from me. "What are you doin' out so late little one? Where are your parents?" the stranger asked. I don't answer, fear running through me when he only comes closer in my silence. In the silence i panic, looking him over for any sign that might help me in this situation. To my disapointment i find a speckel of blood on his long jacket, accompanied by the heavy jingle of some sort of weapon as he walks. I instantly stand, ready to run again. Before i do though i notice the cross around his neck and again a pair etched into his gloves. I must have been shaking because he spoke up again. "It's ok, no ones going to hurt you. Let me help you find your parents, ok?" He says, outstretching a hand towards my shivering and wet form. I look at the soaked pavement and sigh, realizing that he's only trying to help. "It's no use." i say. He smiles and looks at me. "Nothing is impossible with god on your side. Now come, lets go find your parents." he chimes once again. "I can't...they're dead. I'm all alone now." I say, feeling like i can trust this man. He steps forward and wraps his coat around me before picking me up in his large arms. "Then you can come back to Rome with me, i think it'd be nice for the other children to have a new friend back at the orphanage." he says walking off in the rain with me in his arms.

   ~ Andreson took me back to Rome with him and as i got older i started to notice what he was doing. He was pretty shocked from me asking him about vampires and i told him why i was interested, i wanted to hunt them down like the beasts they were.~

   "Annalise, why 'r ye here?" his voice asked as i re-ducked back into my hiding place. "I know y're there. It's ok your not in trouble lassy." he said, urging me to stick my head up over the pew. He sighed and motioned for me to join him on the pew a few rows up. I sadly do so, not sure about what i had planned to do. His eyes narrow as i sit down, trying to avoid his gaze. "Somthin' troublin' ye?" he asks, concern clear in his voice. I nod and force myself to look up at him. "I want to know about vampires and don't act innocent, i know you go out hunting them." I say, trying to sound serious. He laughs but stops when he realizes im being utterly serious. "Why would a sweet lass like you wanna know 'bout those blasted devils?" he asks, his eyes narrowing in confusion. I sigh knowing he had the right to know after he did take me in. "They killed my family, it's a vampires fault i'm here now. All i want to know is how to kill them." I say sternly, masking the hurt from recalling the truth of my family's death.

 ~My arm's finally able to do most of it's usual tasks, and i'm already shooting just as well as before.~

   I sit in my room wondering if Seras will ever get back. They seemed to have finally tracked down the people responsible for those chip things Integra goes on about. The door flings open and Seras walks in looking exhausted. "Why's your uniform covered in ash?" I ask, confused by the black stains. She sits down in a chair across from me, "The building exploded, luckily no one was hurt badly." she replies. I smile thinking over what she had just said. "What has this world come to? Vampires with bombs...what's next??" i say.