Chapter 1 - Do You Know What They Speak Of Love?

The thunder struck hard as Raven Queen and Apple White got ready for bed.

"I'm so exhausted because of today, who knew preparing for a destiny you aren't going to do would be so hard?" Raven chuckled as she brushed her hair in front of a mirror.

Apple smiled then looked at Raven. "Hey Raven?"
"Yeah?"
"I just wanted to let you know, that no matter what were always going to be best friends forever after, right?"

"You can count on it." Raven said with a warm smile.

~*~

"Can you believe I actually thought she was telling the truth?" Raven said with an evil smile.
Hunter remained silent.
Raven looked back at him with a cross face. "Whenever I speak I always need an answer do you understand?" Raven scorned.
"Yes my queen." Hunter replied.
Raven was not yet ready too finish her scolding however as she continued. "Ever since what happened last week you haven't had any sense of emotion. What's wrong with you?"

Hunter was both happy and sad. Last week him and Queen Raven stormed Cinderella's castle. AKA Ashlynn Ella's home. Raven usually stormed castles to practice creating havoc or what she was feeling like what she needed. Hunter saw Ashlynn for the first time since they broke up many years ago. He still loved her but he wasn't sure if she felt the same way. She was already engaged to a prince he never heard of before and he was pretty sure she never heard of him either. That was exactly the reason Ashlynn didn't want to be the next Cinderella.

Hunter was beyond pleased because he saw her but yet sad all the same as he probably would never see her again. Maybe she won't be happy with the stuck-up Prince whom he saw that day? Or Maybe she would be, she's better off with a prince than a huntsman.

Hunter pushed off his thoughts because they weren't worth anything.

"Hunter!" Raven said with her eyes wide.

Hunter stood there for a moment examining Raven. "Have you ever been in love?"

Raven stopped for a moment. "Hunter st-"

"I said have you ever been in love?"

Raven froze in her position her hands were on the armrests of his chair. Her face then softened as she went back I her past. She than shook her head ad turned back to Hunter. "Love leads to chaos. You understand?" Raven said pointing her finger at his face.

Hunter saw that Raven's past love life was her soft spot. He nodded at her  and then left her throne room.

He couldn't stop thinking about Ashlynn. She swarmed his thoughts. That's it. He thought. He's going to see her one last time. Before she is swept away.

So Hunter waited till Queen Raven went to sleep. He slowly opened the wooden doors to the entrance, avoiding the making of any loud sounds. He looked at the dark forest ahead of him. It's been a long time since he ran in the woods by himself. He was always cooped up in Raven's castle. He was her only access to a friend. Well at least that's what she thinks.
So he headed to Ashlynn's castle, thinking of the past with every step that he took.

After about an hour's worth of walking he finally reached Ashlynn's castle. All the lights were turned off except for the master bedroom all the way at the top. That was Ashlynn's room. But how will he get there? He can't just walk into the front door. Her castle is heavily guarded.

But he was pretty sure that her bedroom was clear since she always needs her privacy.

Hunter was scanning the castle and figured he can climb on the marble bricks to the top since he was a skilled Huntsman. He started his climb and finally reached her balcony. Hunter heard a male voice and stayed at the edge where he can't be seen.

"Remember look presentable and don't make mistakes you understand? Don't mess up like tonight."

"Yes." He could tell that Ashlynn was the one who replied but he wasn't sure who the man was. Probably her fiancé

"I love you," said the male voice in a rough and rushed voice.

"Me too..."
Then Hunter heard the door close. He heard a sigh from Ashlynn as her poofy tule dress plopped on the floor. Hunter decided to make his move.

"Ashlynn" he whispered.
Ashlynn heard him and quickly turned around.

"Over here!" He whispered louder.

Ashlynn stood up and headed his direction. "Who is that?"she said in a broken voice.

"It's me, Hunter."

He whispered again. Ashlynn finally looked and saw him. "Hunter?!" She gasped. She looked at him. He was barely holding on to the vines on her balcony. She smiled but then it quickly faded away. "Did Raven send you here? To wreck more of the palace's items?"She said with her hands crossed.
Hunter shook his head. "I'm sorry about that." He than climbed over the rails. He than opened his messenger bag and took out necklaces and jewels. "My jewelry..." Ashlynn said.
Hunter handed it to her. "Thank you." She said holding them to her chest. They stared at each other for a moment but then Ashlynn quickly put them in her jewelry box.

"So is this why you came here?" Ashlynn said.
"No, the truth is Ashlynn, I can't stop thinking about you. Ever since I saw you last week I can't stop. I need you Ash." Hunter said holding her hands. Ashlynn's face was shocked. "Oh Hunter..." she said almost crying. "But we can't." She said turning away. "Why not?" Hunter replied. Ashlynn looked at him. "I'm engaged to Prince Charlesworth."

"Charlesworth?" Hunter said with an unusual expression. "I never even heard of him!" Hunter said.

"Me neither." Ashlynn laughed.

"So is that who was talking to you earlier?" Hunter said.

Ashlynn nodded. "He always says he loves me but I don't believe it. I think he is just using me for my title. But what can I do? I'm just a helpless damsel." Ashlynn said looking down at her balcony.
Hunter stood next to her. "You are more than a helpless damsel to me." Ashlynn looked at him and hugged him. Hunter hugged her back. "Hey you know what? I have an extra invite to Apple and Dexter's wedding tomorrow if you want to come with me." Ashlynn said  with a smile.

"Really?" Hunter said. Ashlynn nodded. "Charles has some other things to do so I'm going alone, I would really like your company." Ashlynn said handing him an invitation.

~*~

"They are WHAT?!" Raven screamed. Hunter just came back from Ashlynn's castle and showed Raven the invitation. He didn't tell her where he got it from. "Apparently Dexter and Apple are engaged and getting married tomorrow." Hunter replied.

Raven started to fire up. Her eyes turned a firey purple and her fists clenched. "I will make sure that that wedding will NOT happen!" Raven screamed.

Hunter thought for a moment.
For the first time Raven actually cared about someone.
And that someone was Dexter Charming.

~*~

{Chapter written by Light_and_Luna }

{Co-Writer
wildplants- }